cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone is with o2 insurance and no updates. Anyone had to wait a long time for a replacement?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi. I dropped my Samsung S6 last Wednesday night and called the insurance company Thursday morning. I have full £10 a month insurance.

DPD came to collect my phone the next day and I thought everything was going well... and now no update since Monday morning which said "we have your phone and checking to see if your claim is approved" and that they'll let me know soon. It's now Wednesday afternoon and starting to panic the more I read in the forums about o2 insurance!! I've read that it be a refurb, which is ok I guess, but no guarantee as to time frame?!

I've spoken to a guru and they just gave me a contact number for insurance company. I've just moved house last Wednesday, day I broke the phone and no phone line or wifi until next Wednesday, I'm going out my mind.
Can't call them! Currently paying for BT FON by the day just to get online, and that's not cheap. Anyone had any experience with an o2 insurance replacement? I've been with o2 for ages and this has really put me off renewing - seems like a bit of a scam. With a £60 excess I might have been better off paying off the device plan

Thanks for any info
Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
well, unless you smashed it on purpose, and even then that's hard to prove, your claim should be accepted. As for updates, we cant really help much. As @MI5 said, you need to get a loan of a phone and call in.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
No one here would be able to see the status of your claim.
You really will need to borrow a phone from someone to call in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
well, unless you smashed it on purpose, and even then that's hard to prove, your claim should be accepted. As for updates, we cant really help much. As @MI5 said, you need to get a loan of a phone and call in.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 3