cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overseas charges

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I have only just been able to get online to view my statements and last month I was charged nearly £20 for overseas connectivity charges.  The hotel had wi-fi and I used this so don't understand why I have been charged for usage by o2.

Please can you explain this to me.

Kind Regards

Lynsey

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
O2 travel (if in europe) is £1.99 a day. If you still had data turned on this would have kicked in some days.
Your MyO2 will tell you exactly what you have been charged for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
O2 travel (if in europe) is £1.99 a day. If you still had data turned on this would have kicked in some days.
Your MyO2 will tell you exactly what you have been charged for.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous Did you have mobile data and data roaming turned off at all times?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 11

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Depending on your phone, when wifi sleeps data will kick in for updating apps. Mobile/cellular data must be switched off to prevent charges.

Message 4 of 11

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Plus if you have O2 Travel and running iOS 9 (if you have an iPhone) then there is also a setting for the phone to use mobile data when wi-fi connectivity is limited or poor, which in some hotels is the case, so i'd turn it off when you go overseas (its in settings -> Mobile data and scroll to the very bottom of the list)
Message 5 of 11

Lin-1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've just come back from Dubai, I have been charged 4 days of charges for 02 travel, I had my data usage switched off and only used the hotel's wifi - why have I been charged?

Message 6 of 11

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Lin-1 

Calls and texts also trigger the charge.

It's not just for data.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 11

Lin-1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
thank you - i didn't use text or make calls
Message 8 of 11

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Lin-1 

You would need to ask customer services why then as we cannot see account usage on here Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Currently using:
Message 9 of 11

Lin-1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thankyou

Message 10 of 11