cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online shop error

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm currently in Ecuador and my phone has finally decided to pack it in. Basically because it's gone wrong so many times and been sent in for repair so many times, I'm now utterly fed up with it. I've tried to purchase a new phone from the online shop a few times today, along with a couple of accessories, I keep getting an error message from the online shop. At first it was when I used the shop as a non-member, I'd enter my date of birth correctly, but I was getting the error message saying that my date of birth was incorrect. I tried the American format (MM/DD/YYY), that didn't work. I tried a different browser and I even tried to use my tablet, but that didn't work. As the issue appeared to be my date of birth I decided to register an account. However I'm now getting an error message on the same page, but again everything is correct. 

Take note; I haven't got as far as the payment screen yet so there isn't an issue there. I'm hoping that the problem isn't my location. I arrive back in the UK late in the evening on Tuesday next week, so I was hoping to have my new phone delivered to my house the day before I arrive.

Any thoughts? Many thanks guys. 

By the way O2, this is exactly the sort of situation an email address is useful for. I can't find this topic in the help section and phoning the UK from Ecuador is expensive. Any change you could supply us with an email address, other than the complaints one?

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some fantastic information, thanks so much guys. 

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're most welcome, good luck with your move
Message 12 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or buy the phone from giffgaff as they are usually cheaper than CPW and are unlocked (android).

Be aware if you buy an iPhone from CPW it will lock to the first sim.
Message 13 of 23

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Ooof giffgaff use UK mail, I'm a giffgaffer and help out on that forum too. Not only do they use UK mail (one of the absolute worst couriers ever) but quite often they don't put right the hoohah that the couriers cause. Leaving their customers in great distress. U takes your chances with giffgaff for the price reduction, oh and there's no cs helpline just a customer forum, where you'll speak to someone like me lol!

Anyway, good luck wink

Charlie.
Message 14 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
GiffGaff shiuldnt need to sort the couriers out @gindygoo it's the couriers responsibility
Message 15 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93182 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122814 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I think mobile phone suppliers should take a long hard look at the atrocious UK Mail. Sadly they don't appear to give a damn once they have taken your money and sold you a contract. Clients appear to be on their own after the deal is done.......Evil

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
More often than not customers end up doing the chasing up which isn't supposed to happen
Message 18 of 23

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

Indeed it is the courier who should sort it out, but when they're incompetent you go back to the retailer to whom u paid your money. And in this case giffgaff just don't cut the mustard. I've lost count of the amount of horror stories that I've encountered. Don't get me wrong, gg do some things great still, this however isn't one of them.

Charlie.

Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
The retailer won't do anything because once the package has left them it is out of their hands
Message 20 of 23