cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online shop error

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all,

I'm currently in Ecuador and my phone has finally decided to pack it in. Basically because it's gone wrong so many times and been sent in for repair so many times, I'm now utterly fed up with it. I've tried to purchase a new phone from the online shop a few times today, along with a couple of accessories, I keep getting an error message from the online shop. At first it was when I used the shop as a non-member, I'd enter my date of birth correctly, but I was getting the error message saying that my date of birth was incorrect. I tried the American format (MM/DD/YYY), that didn't work. I tried a different browser and I even tried to use my tablet, but that didn't work. As the issue appeared to be my date of birth I decided to register an account. However I'm now getting an error message on the same page, but again everything is correct. 

Take note; I haven't got as far as the payment screen yet so there isn't an issue there. I'm hoping that the problem isn't my location. I arrive back in the UK late in the evening on Tuesday next week, so I was hoping to have my new phone delivered to my house the day before I arrive.

Any thoughts? Many thanks guys. 

By the way O2, this is exactly the sort of situation an email address is useful for. I can't find this topic in the help section and phoning the UK from Ecuador is expensive. Any change you could supply us with an email address, other than the complaints one?

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi. I would advise you to abandon trying online. The shop is experiencing problems. Please contact CS

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

This is the number to phone from abroad.....
From abroad +44 3448090202 Free†

NB Edited to add the online contact form

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Cleoriff
  • 122382 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi. I would advise you to abandon trying online. The shop is experiencing problems. Please contact CS

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

This is the number to phone from abroad.....
From abroad +44 3448090202 Free†

NB Edited to add the online contact form

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Also if you ch wait until you return to the UK you can go into your local O2 store & purchase the model you want & have a much better chance of getting it straightaway
Message 3 of 23

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Makes far more sense to walk instore and get get the phone there and then. Also you can compare deals at CPW if Refresh isn't a criteria.

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree @jonsie find the phone you really want, decide contract or payg, refresh or sim only, then search around for the tariff suited to your needs & that you can afford
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info guys. I'll wait for next week. In case you're interested, I am pretty impressed by the Sony Xperia range and I'm thinking of getting an M2. I'm going to go for PAYG because in the near future I'm moving to Ecuador as my wife is from here, that way there's no long term commitment. 

Contrary to popular belief, it wouldn't be cheaper for me to buy a phone here. The President has taken huge steps to decrease the unemployment levels here - I know he's controversial at best but credit where it's due. However a big part of improving the economy was to put huge taxes on anything made outside of Ecuador. A hell of a lot more people have jobs, but things that you and I take for granted are hugely expensive because of that. 

Message 6 of 23

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just a tip - If you are moving abroad don't buy an o2 payg phone as they won't unlock it for 12 months which will be no good to you when you move.
Buy it from Carphone Warehouse as all their android phones are already unlocked.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a tip and a half. Thanks so much

Message 8 of 23

MI5
  • 143452 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Kinda lucky for you you the online shop failed after all slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Plus I bet it'll be slightly cheaper at CPW
Message 10 of 23