Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2wifi can't connect / stuck in a login loop

lukew151
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Does anyone else have trouble signing in to O2wifi. I just get stuck in an endless loop ?

It recognises me "Hi Luke, welcome back", says press here to continue, does the grey circles, and then returns to the start.

I'm using a HTC M8one, running android 5.0.1. I've got the O2wifi app installed and registered. I've failled to log-in everywhere from McDonald's, to Costa, even at the O2 shop!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @lukew151

Have you tried removing the connection (making your phone forget) to the O2 wifi and searching again?

Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @lukew151

have a look at this help thread...FAQ's

https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/my/FAQs

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=29&q1=26

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Try this fix here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Wifi-At-London-Underground-Not-able-to-conne...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 10

viridis
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @lukew151

Have you tried removing the connection (making your phone forget) to the O2 wifi and searching again?

Unfortunately if it's one of the modern devices you cant . O2 wifi will be a permanent connection as i myself just found out...

Message 5 of 10

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@viridis wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi @lukew151

Unfortunately if it's one of the modern devices you cant . O2 wifi will be a permanent connection as i myself just found out...

It's hard wired if you have o2 firmware on your phone.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 10

lukew151
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks all for all the advice. Tried MI5's routine, unregistered my phone and deleted all remembered O2 wifi variants and then tried again. Same old story I'm afraid, still stuck in a loop. My phone is vanilla HTC firmware - bought SIM free. Any other ideas?
Message 8 of 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I'd delete the o2 wifi app next and just try to connect without it.
You might have to do all the "forgetting and resetting" stuff again too after removing the app.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @lukew151 how are you getting on with this?
Message 10 of 10