Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 wifi - problem accessing the service via PIN code *and* the O2 Wifi app

ogilviea
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am unable to access the O2 wifi service at any retail location where the service is available.

When I try to connect, the service allegedly sends me a PIN code via SMS, but the code doesn't arrive (waiting 10 minutes seems long enough, surely).  If I ask the service to resend the code (to the same mobile number, obviously), the PIN code does arrive this time, but using it fails with "incorrect PIN code" (or similar, I can't recall the precise message).  Repeating this (say) a couple of times, the same thing happens but, interestingly, the service claims to have sent 6 PIN codes, despite having only received 3 of them (the 3 "resends").  So where are the initial PIN codes going?

In desperation, I registered for a "My O2" account and installed the O2 Wifi (Android) app, in the hope that I could avoid the PIN nightmare, but I am unable to authenticate my account using the app (yes, I double-checked the password), the error being something like "The information you provided does not match our records".

Does anyone have any ideas what's happening here?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Whichever network you go with, customer service is only as good as the adviser you speak to. Maybe I'm lucky as I've never had problems with O2 or EE. Now live chat, they're something else!!

Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I've found Three to be the best overall with Voda by far the worst.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I'm with Voda and have been for many years.

The signal where I live has become atrocious over the last 12 - 18 months not helped when indoors by 18" thick stone walls. But even outside in the garden it's not that much better. Travel half a mile away in several directions and the signal is full strength.

Won't comment on the CS as I have rarely contacted them.

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 13 of 13