Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 website errors?

andyd130_2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, after trying to purchase a new Mobile phone (registering and entering details on the O2 website), when entering checkout & selecting address/postcode & continue, an error message appears on "Deliver to your home" of "Something went wrong. Please try again later".

When "Collect from Store" option is selected (with local store), error message "Invalid about you details" appears, odd considering I've just entered details...

Tried Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome, with the same end result, clearing cookies/browsing history etc..

Contacted Live Customer Service who were apologetic, transferred my query to the relevant service desk who also couldn't fix & suggested contacting the order line..

Is there a problem with the O2 online ordering system at the moment?

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for your update.

Maybe O2 Site Management @Toby @Anonymous can feed this back.
Message 11 of 19

andyd130_2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I absolutely agree with you Cleoriff,

A lot of things O2 do very well (the Priority stuff etc.), but in this instance I feel it the behaviour of the website doesn't present a very professional image of O2, and I feel it is a major issue which I hope is addressed...

I also felt sympathy with the lady on the (Second Level?) Live Chat early Saturday evening (my first attempt to conquer the website) as she was trying desperately to help, but she was totally stumped too!

Message 12 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi.

I too have had this same problem this morning.

I was able to add an item to my basket, register during checkout and place order no problems.

Now if I try to buy something else, when on the delivery page, in the about you section, everything is auto filled in but when i press continue i get the error 'invalid about you details'. I had to make another account with another email address to complete my second purchase. Please fix!

Also why can't I change the qty on things in my basket. It would only let me order one of the item, if I could have ordered two I wouldn't have all this hassle in the first place!!!

Message 13 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi.

I too have had this same problem this morning.

I was able to add an item to my basket, register during checkout and place order no problems.

Now if I try to buy something else, when on the delivery page, in the about you section, everything is auto filled in but when i press continue i get the error 'invalid about you details'. I had to make another account with another email address to complete my second purchase. Please fix!

Also why can't I change the qty on things in my basket. It would only let me order one of the item, if I could have ordered two I wouldn't have all this hassle in the first place!!!

This is really getting beyond a joke now. I wonder if @Toby could feed this back please? This near to Christmas O2 could well do without glitches on their shop website slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 19

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92909 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just had exactly the same issue after stopping an order half-way through to check the tarrifs again.

Now, when I've finally decided what I want I can't order it due to 'Invalid about you details' error.

I've noticed my phone number is prefixed with 44 so this maybe the issue but it's greyed out and I can't change it? Oh well, I may have to spend my £439 somewhere else.....

Message 16 of 19

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

Thanks very much for highlighting this and I'll go to the team now.

If the situation changes for you, or if you have any other info that may be helpful, please make a post.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I spent quite some time on chat to support and after they implied it was my fault, they then suggested the 'fix' which was to create a new account with a different email address. Surely this is just a workaround to an issue on the site?

Message 18 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I spent quite some time on chat to support and after they implied it was my fault, they then suggested the 'fix' which was to create a new account with a different email address. Surely this is just a workaround to an issue on the site?

Actually it sounds poor advice if honest. You already have an account which isn't working on the website. Is there any guarantee that a new account will work? What happens then to your 'old account'? Looks as if confusion may ensue...

Just wonder if @Toby  could advise?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 19 of 19