Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 website errors?

andyd130_2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hello, after trying to purchase a new Mobile phone (registering and entering details on the O2 website), when entering checkout & selecting address/postcode & continue, an error message appears on "Deliver to your home" of "Something went wrong. Please try again later".

When "Collect from Store" option is selected (with local store), error message "Invalid about you details" appears, odd considering I've just entered details...

Tried Firefox, Internet Explorer and Chrome, with the same end result, clearing cookies/browsing history etc..

Contacted Live Customer Service who were apologetic, transferred my query to the relevant service desk who also couldn't fix & suggested contacting the order line..

Is there a problem with the O2 online ordering system at the moment?

Message 1 of 19
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

andyd130_2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

After much deliberation my end, and thinking it was my PC, Laptop and Android device/Firefox, IE & Chrome web browsers at fault (Paranoia was really setting in after 2 hours but I very rarely give up!), I've found out the O2 website has some strange "Characteristics".

When ordering a new handset/tariff, If you go through the registration process first for a new account, the order doesn't get processed and the error messages appear, thereby preventing you from completing your transaction.

Ditto an existing customer who wants to purchase an additional handset on an existing PAYG account (as I wanted to do).

Both scenarios don't create a great impression of O2 IMO & makes you wonder how many potential/existing customers have given up with O2 at this stage?

The solution which worked was as follows:

If you order the chosen handset/tariff without logging in/registering first on the O2 website, then register with a NEW e-mail address not known to O2 (this seems to be the crucial factor), the order sails through with no error codes, and the website behaves as you would expect...

Just posting the outcome to try to save someone else a couple of hours of their time and a minor headache, but OMG it could be more simple O2, I'm only trying to buy a new handset not join the secret service! Zipped

However, Handset shipped for Mum's Xmas present & just waiting on delivery...

Thanks to all & Merry Christmas!

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @andyd130_2  Welcome to the forum

There is nothing that has been reported wrong with the website although your time of posting may be a clue.

O2 regularly update their website about midnight and this may be the problem

Perhaps if you were to try again this morning you would probably find everything is as it should be.

Just a suggestion...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi and Welcome to the forum.

Not that I've heard of from any others on the forum.

Check any firewall too and or try another device to buy from.

If all else fails perhaps ring O2 on 202 Contract or 4445 Payg or one of the landline numbers in this link http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus to continue with your purchase.

Or if you have a local O2 HighStreet store perhaps make the purchase there and walk out with the phone.

We have heard recently of issues of non delivery and phones going out of stock after purchasing online from the O2 shop.

Good luck.
Message 3 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would suggest like @Cleoriff suggested to try again this morning, if not ring CS on 202, based on the error messages it  seems the address or how it's entered may be causing it, it may need editing.

Message 4 of 19

MI5
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Personally I'd just go into my local store. I don't have any faith in the online ordering system right now.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Personally I'd just go into my local store. I don't have any faith in the online ordering system right now.

Certainly not this close to Christmas... At least instore if they have the item in stock you can walk out with it...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I don't have much faith left in o2 full stop now.

People order phones they don't have.
People order phones that are not delivered.
People get their phones but not the offers that were promised.
People are lied to repeatedly.
People report unable to speak to o2.
Live Chat? Enuf said.

Then if people get their phones, they can't use them due to so called "capacity issues".

And the response from o2? Well I think we are still waiting on that. So no, I have little faith in o2 currently.
Message 7 of 19

jonsie
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

Perhaps best that the site went down. Otherwise, invariaby the phone would be out of stock until well after Christmas and your money would have disappeared into the O2 wilderness, sat in their account 10 days and earning interest for the office festive shindig.

Message 8 of 19

andyd130_2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

After much deliberation my end, and thinking it was my PC, Laptop and Android device/Firefox, IE & Chrome web browsers at fault (Paranoia was really setting in after 2 hours but I very rarely give up!), I've found out the O2 website has some strange "Characteristics".

When ordering a new handset/tariff, If you go through the registration process first for a new account, the order doesn't get processed and the error messages appear, thereby preventing you from completing your transaction.

Ditto an existing customer who wants to purchase an additional handset on an existing PAYG account (as I wanted to do).

Both scenarios don't create a great impression of O2 IMO & makes you wonder how many potential/existing customers have given up with O2 at this stage?

The solution which worked was as follows:

If you order the chosen handset/tariff without logging in/registering first on the O2 website, then register with a NEW e-mail address not known to O2 (this seems to be the crucial factor), the order sails through with no error codes, and the website behaves as you would expect...

Just posting the outcome to try to save someone else a couple of hours of their time and a minor headache, but OMG it could be more simple O2, I'm only trying to buy a new handset not join the secret service! Zipped

However, Handset shipped for Mum's Xmas present & just waiting on delivery...

Thanks to all & Merry Christmas!

Message 9 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Hi @andyd130_2 

Whilst I admire your persistence and thank you for posting a way round this...I do feel it is an absolute rigmarole that potential buyers could well do without. I wonder if @Toby  is aware of this seemingly major problem with the online ordering system?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 19