cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 travel 50p connection charge per call in Europe + £1.99 /day for data ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

so I'm on pay monthly If I go to europe £1.99 per day for data access even if I use things like whatsapp etc ?

and 50p/call all this works out to be expencive compare to the EU controlled standard rate. no one is going to be speaking for hours now days. all calles will be 1 min or less which is 4.8p/min

is this the way o2 get around EU restrictionson the price they can charge ?

If I use TVgo app can we just around just charged £1.99 per day ?

Message 1 of 12
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Yes they are the current charges from O2.

Do you mean Tugo ?

This is suggested to use abroad yes on Wifi.

Or if planned correctly and charges looked at some do use a local SIM card in their phone.

Edit : spelling.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Yes they are the current charges from O2.

Do you mean Tugo ?

This is suggested to use abroad yes on Wifi.

Or if planned correctly and charges looked at some do use a local SIM card in their phone.

Edit : spelling.
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

my point is can I opt-out on o2 travel as I dont want to pay 50p connecting charge for a wrong number. still would like to use data for £1.99 per day ?

TUgo app will work on roming ?

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes but connect to free wifi I believe is the correct answer.

Similar thread

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/TU-Go/TUGO-International-calls/m-p/599972/highlight/true#M4543

Edit to re insert link.
Message 4 of 12

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous 

I have just come back from Spain and actually was amazed at how many apps like whatsapp were free IF used over Wifi...

The 50p connection fee is very reasonable also as you then get the remaining 59 minutes free of charge.

I had a system whereby I rang home at a certain time of the day ONCE only...and could chat away for 59 minutes. If you make numerous short calls then it does work out more expensive.

I never turned on data roaming at all during my time away...just used Wifi always wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome answer @Cleoriff

Kudo given. slight_smile
Message 6 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks

can I opt-out on o2 travel as I dont want to pay 50p connecting charge for a wrong number.

If you are using contacts in your phone book then surely you wont be calling the wrong number?

If you are receiving a call and you don't recognise the number then I suggest you don't answer..I certainly wouldn't.

As I said previously the 50p connection fee is extremely reasonable if used properly.:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 12

MI5
  • 144097 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Just to clarify, you can have O2 Travel which gives all you can eat data for £1.99 a day and the 50p call connection charge (minutes then come out of UK allowance) or you can opt out of Travel and pay the standard rates for calls and data (ie you cannot mix the two options).
Using Tugo, even on wifi will still take mins out of your UK allowance.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Awesome answer @Cleoriff

Kudo given. slight_smile

Thanks BoB.. I was actually surprised at how easy it was to answer that. My time spent going abroad and listening to folk on here shows that I AM learning..

Of course the daughter in law was the one using all the apps to stay in touch with her family....even she was surprised at the amount she could use in Spain free of charge...over WiFi Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122771 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Thanks for clarifying about Tugo @MI5  I don't use it so have no knowledge of using that abroad wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 12