cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insure rip off

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2, has to be the worst mobile phone operator to say the least, happy to get you to sign on the dotted line happy to tell you a load of lies to get your custom and no support when needed the most.

£12.50 for O2 insure when the service is nothing more than worthless, (NEVER TAKE UP THE O2 INSURE SERVICE IT IS JUST A RIP OFF) waited 2 months for a replacement handset and was told the handset would need to be evaluated for 7 days. No loan phone / no replacement unless you visit an O2 store where as no O2 store is aware of this service or refused to acknowledge the service is available. Finally spoke to a helpful individual who arranged for a loan to be sent out ( After 4 calls and approx two hours with C/S) only for no delivery of loan phone and no pick up of damaged handset. Another call to C/S for 2 hrs and then being told the loan phone has been cancelled and will not be provided as this is not our policy (WTF) could have told me when I was to sign a contract to pay for a service that does not exist (Been robbed by O2 of £300). Asked to be put through to cancellation as in my opinion this is breach of contract only to be cut off upon transfer.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Sorry Bambino, it's just that I have made the complaint over the phone and with both O2 insure and also O2 customer service as they state they are separate entities. Of which the seems to be falling on deaf ears. I will raise a complaint as advised and will keep you posted. I have just sent an email to the CEO Ronan and am awaiting a response.

I'm sure that following a complaint and an email to god you will now get some sort of progress .

Message 11 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having read this. I'm just on the phone now to cancel my O2 Insurance. Absolutely no point in paying it if this is what happens if you need it.

I'll use another insurance company instead..

Thanks for letting us know.
Message 12 of 17

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Having read this. I'm just on the phone now to cancel my O2 Insurance. Absolutely no point in paying it if this is what happens if you need it.

I'll use another insurance company instead..

Thanks for letting us know.

Makes sense to me..

Message 13 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Funny old thing I'm still on hold!

Protect Your Bubble have quoted me under half of what I'm paying O2 Insure!
Message 14 of 17

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 15 of 17

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22937 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Many home contents insurance policies cover mobile phones. Mine does. Many banks also offer coverage for mobiles. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

It really does pay to shop around with mobile phone insurance. So often people go with the cheapest thinking they will never need it. When you think they are often in possession of a piece of kit costing in excess of £600 it pays to make comparisons between many policies

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17