cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insure rip off

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2, has to be the worst mobile phone operator to say the least, happy to get you to sign on the dotted line happy to tell you a load of lies to get your custom and no support when needed the most.

£12.50 for O2 insure when the service is nothing more than worthless, (NEVER TAKE UP THE O2 INSURE SERVICE IT IS JUST A RIP OFF) waited 2 months for a replacement handset and was told the handset would need to be evaluated for 7 days. No loan phone / no replacement unless you visit an O2 store where as no O2 store is aware of this service or refused to acknowledge the service is available. Finally spoke to a helpful individual who arranged for a loan to be sent out ( After 4 calls and approx two hours with C/S) only for no delivery of loan phone and no pick up of damaged handset. Another call to C/S for 2 hrs and then being told the loan phone has been cancelled and will not be provided as this is not our policy (WTF) could have told me when I was to sign a contract to pay for a service that does not exist (Been robbed by O2 of £300). Asked to be put through to cancellation as in my opinion this is breach of contract only to be cut off upon transfer.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23071 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions
Message 2 of 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Send an email to the link in the complaints Web page that @Bambino has posted. You might also want to Google the email address of the O2's CEO. ...

Message 3 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
How to complain ? Could this be an O2 employee reply. Has anyone complained and had a genuine and decent response as I have and all falls on deaf ears. Pushed from pillar to post, just feel as though I've been robbed for many many months.
Message 4 of 17

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions
Message 5 of 17

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
I thought the T&C's state a replacement phone within 24 hours?
How did you make your claim in the first instance?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
How to complain ? Could this be an O2 employee reply. Has anyone complained and had a genuine and decent response as I have and all falls on deaf ears. Pushed from pillar to post, just feel as though I've been robbed for many many months.

I've used this complaint service and had a positive response (and i don't work for O2!).

Message 7 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorry Bambino, it's just that I have made the complaint over the phone and with both O2 insure and also O2 customer service as they state they are separate entities. Of which the seems to be falling on deaf ears. I will raise a complaint as advised and will keep you posted. I have just sent an email to the CEO Ronan and am awaiting a response.
Message 8 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
The claim was made over the phone with O2 insure, they had not said anything about replacing the handset just that they will have to send the handset to the workshop for evaluation / repair.
Message 9 of 17

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Some FAQ's here http://www.o2.co.uk/help/products-and-services/o2-insurance#qs
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 17