cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 have deleted my webmail account

Anonymous
Not applicable

I cannot believe it - o2 have deleted my webmail account before the 1st November Smiley Mad

How can they do this?  Has anyone else had or having problems? 

So angry right now.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

The way I have done the prep for this is for Gmail to pick up all mail from my o2.co.uk address and then filtered all the o2 mail to create a list of people sending to that address and amended my contact details on those senders sites. This obviously has to be done before the o2 server in question closes.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 21 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I joined o2 broadband I set up an extra webmail account for my wife, which she has used ever since. Yesterday she had a text from O2 saying that her password had been changed for her O2 webmail and to contact them if she had no knowledge of this. After getting some pathetic advice via online chat such as contact Sky customer services, I eventually discovered that her entire webmail account had gone. After more poor advice through online chat I was just given a link to the normal O2 sign on screen which of course didn't work. Eventually I was told that this would have to be passed to a supervisor and would take 5 days to fix !!

I asked if this could be escalated as:

a) O2 had notified us of the problem - so they must have some additional information.

b) 5 days is a ridiculous amount of time needed to restore a mail account.

I was told - sorry but thats the time required.

Not happy and wondering why I stick with o2 webmail as I've had similar problems before.

Totally different from the excellent service I had earlier that day when I upgraded my mobile phone and took out a new contract. Strange how you get good service when buying, yet it's pretty pathetic when seeking support !!!!

Message 22 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144168 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Many threads on here regarding the closure of O2 webmail services.
I believe any remaining ones (connected to broadband accounts) have now migrated to Sky's responsibility, so contacting them may be more useful?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 23