cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 email linked to broadband account that moved to sky now inaccessble...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else having this issue? All was fine up till Friday, phoning o2 and sky no one understands its the o2 email broadband account, I have a mobile o2 email account and this is working fine.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

aldaweb
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

I can confirm that letters were sent out from O2 and Sky to broadband customers, however the only mention of the O2 email was that it was being reduced to 20MB storage pending arrangements with Sky.

I also had emails regarding my O2 assigned address from the phone contract that that would close down, but the only information that the BB customers email were also to close were from this forum.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 11 of 19

browni
Level 21: Regular
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@browni wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
Trust us... they are all closing down sooner or later.

Indeed. but it it is still working for some people!

But not others... and therein lies the problem!

@Cleoriff wrote:

@browni wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

But not others... and therein lies the problem!

to be honest, I was surprised it was still working for me and with the full 1gb allowance!

#siwy
Message 12 of 19

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@browni wrote:

to be honest, I was surprised it was still working for me and with the full 1gb allowance.

----------------------

As far as I know it's still working for ex-O2 Broadband users, mine is fine although I rarely use due to the inconsistency of O2.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 13 of 19

browni
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

@aldaweb wrote:

I can confirm that letters were sent out from O2 and Sky to broadband customers, however the only mention of the O2 email was that it was being reduced to 20MB storage pending arrangements with Sky.

I also had emails regarding my O2 assigned address from the phone contract that that would close down, but the only information that the BB customers email were also to close were from this forum.

Can you prove that? My sceenshot earlier in this thread shows I have 1GB.

In any case,don't expect the service to work anytime after I click the post button

#siwy
Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
"Will my phone number or email address change?

No. Home phone customers will be able to keep their number when they move. You'll also be able to keep using your O2 email address, although the storage allowance will be reduced to 20MB from 1GB for primary account users and from 200MB for secondary account users."

Source : http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/phones/2013/05/sky-takes-over-o2-and-be-broadband-what-does-th...
Message 15 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

"What will happen to my o2.co.uk email?Hide
If you joined Sky from O2 on or before 21 November, you can keep using your existing O2 mailbox for the time being (as well as your new Sky email) but as you have moved to Sky, your O2 inbox storage will be limited to 20MB. If your O2 inbox exceeds this, you will need to remove some emails and stay under this limit to continue to send and receive emails. Transferring contacts and redirecting emails to your other accounts takes no time at all. By following some simple steps Yahoo!, Gmail and Hotmail can be set up to automatically import all of your emails and contacts from your O2 email account and forward any new emails sent to your O2 email account too.
If you are joining Sky from O2 on or after 22 November - great news, you are still able to use your O2 email address with a inbox storage size of 1GB (the same as what you had when with O2). When are you active with your Sky services you are also able to set up your own Sky Yahoo! Mail Mailbox with unlimited storage. You'll first need a My Sky account, which you can set up at sky.com/mysky"

Seems it depends on when you migrated !

Source http://www.sky.com/shop/your-move-to-sky/faq/

Message 16 of 19

browni
  • 2241 Posts
  • 35 Topics
  • 10 Solutions

Nice find BoB!

#siwy
Message 17 of 19

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@browni wrote:
Can you prove that? My sceenshot earlier in this thread shows I have 1GB.

In any case,don't expect the service to work anytime after I click the post button

My accounts have all been closed now being a former secondary account for the BB (and previously a genie.co.uk account), which still has the main account active.

I see BoB has dug out the information regarding the drop to 20MB, but mine stayed ay 100MB until closed.

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@browni wrote:

@MI5 wrote:

Mine still working - and I wish it wasn't! Just getting spam mainly! I spent a useless 15 mins with o2 Chat. Once they understood I wanted shot of the email address, they just referred me to Sky and their 0844 number, even though I can access my o2 mail from the o2 page, saying they have no access to that part Smiley Frustrated. I can easily cancel the POP sending/receiving but until now I kept it going in case I got the odd legitamate email. Pity about the spam now - I was always careful about who I gave my o2 address to and therefore remained largely free of spam - until recently. slight_frown

Message 19 of 19