cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi - android app - wont send sms message

Anonymous
Not applicable

Upgraded from an s3 to a note 3., when i have gone to use the o2 wifi app, it will not send the sms message. Managed to do it via the mobile web but can't get the app to work. It appears from play store reviews that i am not the only one with  this issue.

Please help/fix this o2!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Upgraded from an s3 to a note 3., when i have gone to use the o2 wifi app, it will not send the sms message. Managed to do it via the mobile web but can't get the app to work. It appears from play store reviews that i am not the only one with  this issue.

Please help/fix this o2!

@Toby can you assist @Anonymous 

Message 2 of 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
I don't ever remember it working. I just log in from a hotspot. It works fine that way.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgive me but I am confused.

The o2 wifi app is to access the internet?
Is the OP referring to TuGo? I didn't think you could send sms from the o2 wifi app or have I missed something?
Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144376 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
When you try and register through the app it is supposed to send you a code via SMS, but it doesn't...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

jonsie
  • 93240 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

When you register on the wifi app you should receive a text message. From what I understand the OP isn't receiving the text message. Never needed it myself to be honest.

Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Argh ok with it now.
Message 7 of 7