cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Wifi At London Underground Not able to connect.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My O2 number: XXXXXXX1097 (current O2 number)
My Old number now ported to above number: XXXXXXX0114 (came with new O2 contract)
Make of my phone : iPhone 5C

I'm trying to Log into Virgin Wifi at London Underground via O2 Login Page. but getting following error message.

Error Message: 

"Looks like this device is regestired to a different number on O2 Wifi. We have sent a text with more details to that number."

It may be because I used my old number XXXXXXX0114 to use O2 Wifi(via App) at shopping centers and Later Ported to my current number(XXXXXXX1097)
and my current iPhone is still registered with Old number(XXXXXXX0114) If you can delete my iphone 5C from this number (XXXXXXX0114) as My registed device it may allow me to use O2 Wifi.

I had chat with O2 Guru for 2 hrs (I have backup of that script but no help).

All I need is access my old number O2 wifi account and delete my iPhone 5c as registered device.

I tried Deleting O2 Wifi App , Resetting Network Settings, Soft reset of my phone....but noting help, it is definitely not a Phone issue. my iphone must be deleted from my old number O2 wifi account then only this issue will resolve.

If some one listening and willing to help send me an email registered with my O2 account I will give my old number(came with new O2 contract) and Ported number(current O2 number).

Thank you.
Vikas

Message 1 of 23
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tofolo_1
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

Okay i know how to fix this but 1st off some advice texting wifi to 2121 was only for openzone and cloud wifi - they are closed.

What you need to do is un register your phone from your old phone number. As you cant log into www.o2wifi.co.uk and you cant use the app there is a 3rd less known way to do it.

Take your phone into an O2 wifi (not london underground thats Virgin) Hotspot like your local McDonalds. Connect to the wifi and open the browser & you should see the O2 wifi front page - if not connect to the O2 wifi SSID and enter 1.0.0.0 in the URL bar and it will force the browser to the home page of the Hotspot.

Now in the top left it will say "Hello" and your name (or whatever you entered when you signed up). Bellow it is a small link that says "Not you?" If you press this you will see a message thay clicking OK will remove the device from O2 wifi. Press ok and the device will be deleted from O2 wifi. Now if you dont see the sign up page just enter 1.0.0.0 again in the URL bar and you can sign up to O2 wifi on your new phone number.

Thats it - now go down the underground and sign onto Virgin wifi with your new number.

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

We are all customers here like you.

Cs can help with an email and account queries on 202 contract or 4445 payg

Edit to add a similar thread

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/LU-underground/m-p/522534/highlight/true#M8829

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Wifi-on-the-London-Underground/m-p/411340/highligh...
Message 2 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can reset your MAC address here https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?qid=29&q1=26
or text "wifi" to 2121
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

https://www.o2wifi.co.uk/my if you login there you can delete any registerd device and start again

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgot to mention I can not log in to my old o2 wifi account because it has been ported I tried it but no luck!
Message 5 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Just text from your phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for reply..

I tried your suggestion by sending Text 3 times  but devlivery failed. Sent Wifi to 2121.

then I filled the form sucessfully you suggested just waiting for reply OR after 24 hrs I will try again at London Underground.

Message 7 of 23

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 8 of 23

Tofolo_1
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi

Okay i know how to fix this but 1st off some advice texting wifi to 2121 was only for openzone and cloud wifi - they are closed.

What you need to do is un register your phone from your old phone number. As you cant log into www.o2wifi.co.uk and you cant use the app there is a 3rd less known way to do it.

Take your phone into an O2 wifi (not london underground thats Virgin) Hotspot like your local McDonalds. Connect to the wifi and open the browser & you should see the O2 wifi front page - if not connect to the O2 wifi SSID and enter 1.0.0.0 in the URL bar and it will force the browser to the home page of the Hotspot.

Now in the top left it will say "Hello" and your name (or whatever you entered when you signed up). Bellow it is a small link that says "Not you?" If you press this you will see a message thay clicking OK will remove the device from O2 wifi. Press ok and the device will be deleted from O2 wifi. Now if you dont see the sign up page just enter 1.0.0.0 again in the URL bar and you can sign up to O2 wifi on your new phone number.

Thats it - now go down the underground and sign onto Virgin wifi with your new number.

Message 9 of 23

Tofolo_1
  • 14 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

HI, Sollution above.

also just to explain why none of this worked and you are right its not a phone issue: "I tried Deleting O2 Wifi App , Resetting Network Settings, Soft reset of my phone....but noting help, it is definitely not a Phone issue. my iphone must be deleted from my old number O2 wifi account then only this issue will resolve"

Its the O2 wifi network that remembers the MAC address of your Phone so even if you do all the above deleting it does nothing. The next time you connect O2 wifi simply sees the MAC address again and connects on the old account. Its not the phone settings 🙂

Message 10 of 23