cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 WEBMAIL- Email still active

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I need help because I can't work out why my o2 email address is still active and how to deactivate it.

I was O2 broadband customer and received email at one point (ages ago now) when the O2 broadband were transfering their customers over to SKY and was told to move all my emails from my O2 webmail because I would not be able to use this service anymore after a certain date. So I moved my emails and updated my email address with every website I use.....

but the mystery NOW is....When I sign into my O2 account with my username and password (on www.o2(dot)co(dot)uk )which also lets me access my active PAYG mobile phone details and then click on "Browse my O2" and scroll down the page and click on "O2 Webmail" I still can see my whole email account in its full functioning glory. I can still send and receive emails... now I am confused how that's possible when we were all told this service would no longer function after a certain date! It has been like 2 years now and my email address and the way to get an access to the webmail is still very much active!

Also just to point out I did NOT transfer my broadbdand to SKY.

Now my question is how DO I DEACTIVE MY O2 EMAIL ADDRESS? I have tried to phone O2 customer service but got no help with this issue. 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144368 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
Only if you migrated your BB to Sky with the change. O2 webmail should still be available to you, if not, it's gone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 31 of 45

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

The only way I can see washing my hands off this is to have my O2 website login deactivated completely so no services can be accessed anymore......

...........does anyone know how to deactivate  O2 website username and password ?

All you can do if you no longer want access to any O2 services is change your password and forget it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 32 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I can still and do use the email account.

I have an email saying I will be informed if and when the email address is discontinued. I have never had an email saying it will stop.

Spent over an hour with o2 online and they have been no help what so ever. Suggested I go into an o2 shop.

Message 33 of 45

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It may still work as mine does, but it's no longer supported so it's best to stop using it.

I just use it as a throwaway address.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 34 of 45

MI5
  • 144368 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
We can only pass on the info we have been told by o2 and other customers. Your choice to head the warnings and take the advice or not.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 35 of 45

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Good point, don't be surprised if one day it suddenly stops working. 

Message 36 of 45

Cleoriff
  • 122927 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

Add to that @Anonymous states their password isn't working. I would deduce from that that their O2 email is now coming to an end...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 37 of 45

MI5
  • 144368 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27677 Solutions
It sounds like the beginning of the end unfortunately....

Currently using:
Message 38 of 45

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I've just tested mine for outgoing and incoming and it's fine, but I wouldn't use it for anything important.

Webmail and using an email client still work probably as I'm ex-O2 Broadband.

Obviously there is now no support for it.

Message 39 of 45

jonsie
  • 93236 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions

I thought the o2 servers had been shut down now. Maybe try speaking with Sky or look on their forum. Time to save everything you need and change to a different email provider. O2 email has always been very basic and unreliable over the years. 

Message 40 of 45