cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 WEBMAIL- Email still active

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I need help because I can't work out why my o2 email address is still active and how to deactivate it.

I was O2 broadband customer and received email at one point (ages ago now) when the O2 broadband were transfering their customers over to SKY and was told to move all my emails from my O2 webmail because I would not be able to use this service anymore after a certain date. So I moved my emails and updated my email address with every website I use.....

but the mystery NOW is....When I sign into my O2 account with my username and password (on www.o2(dot)co(dot)uk )which also lets me access my active PAYG mobile phone details and then click on "Browse my O2" and scroll down the page and click on "O2 Webmail" I still can see my whole email account in its full functioning glory. I can still send and receive emails... now I am confused how that's possible when we were all told this service would no longer function after a certain date! It has been like 2 years now and my email address and the way to get an access to the webmail is still very much active!

Also just to point out I did NOT transfer my broadbdand to SKY.

Now my question is how DO I DEACTIVE MY O2 EMAIL ADDRESS? I have tried to phone O2 customer service but got no help with this issue. 

Message 1 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I thought the o2 servers had been shut down now. Maybe try speaking with Sky or look on their forum.

Still working @jonsie I don't think it was ever moved to Sky and the O2 Webmail link still works too.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 41 of 45

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122812 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

@jonsie wrote:

I thought the o2 servers had been shut down now. Maybe try speaking with Sky or look on their forum.

Still working @jonsie I don't think it was ever moved to Sky and the O2 Webmail link still works too.

I think it's working for some but closed down for others? We had a load of posts on here at last year end with many people complaining that theirs was no longer working...and the occasional poster replying that it was working for them. We asked for official clarification and I think the answer was not totally shut but unsupported? I have never used it but only going on what we were told at the time Smiley Frustrated

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 45

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

As I said above. slight_smile

Only ex-O2 Broadband users may still have it.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 43 of 45

Anonymous
Not applicable
As You say Perksie, I think maybe it's ex-02 broadband users who are still able to use the service.
Today the password worked and all seems OK, but I think it's wise to stop using this address now.
Message 44 of 45

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Definitely, I only use it as a throwaway address now.

Shame really as using it with an email client and not webmail, it has always been totally reliable.

Message 45 of 45