cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Travel doesn't work; keep your confirmation emails!

Anonymous
Not applicable

early August I sent a text to O2 and received text confirmation that O2 travel was initiated. I went on holiday and used the phone assumming that the reduced rates would be applied. I returned and ended the O2 travel service with the call centre. A very large Bill has arrived and the O2 Call centre have lost all records of the transation, sggesting that I'm wrong. I've spoken to a few of them and they are nice people, however their Travel and record systems do not always work. I still have all of the confirmation texts. And while I'm very confident that I will eventually get a refund, it has been impossible to find anybody who's prepared to champion the repair of the faulty systems.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

There would only be a problem if the phone connected to a ferry/plane network when travelling. No other borders outside Europe.

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
Worth asking. 😞
Message 12 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Can you recall which network you connected to Mark?

I expect it was Movistar...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hesitate to state the obvious but OP has given no indication as to whether he has Pay Monthly or P&G, and no mention as to what the "very large bill" related to.  Details are not necesary but it might help to understand what the issues are if we knew how the costs arose - texts out and or in?  Voice or Video Calls Calls? MMS?  Internet Use etc?

Gerry 

Message 14 of 23

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which network ... I don't know.

I don't deny that the system must work some of the time. But there are two problems (which no-one in O2 seams interested to fix):-

1. O2 travel didn't work at all for me

2. there was no record of the O2 texts on the O2 database. (but they arrived on my phone and are still visible on the phone and I've shown them in the O2 shop.

I can only presume they aren't prepared to admit that they charge people incorrectly.

thanks again for listening

Message 16 of 23

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If you could tell us the breakdown of the charges we might be able to offer more help.

Message 17 of 23

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Good luck and I'm sure with the evidence you have that o2 will refund you.
Let us know how it goes please.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

pay Monthly. Calls to UK. Texts to UK. Both charged at standard Spain to UK rates.

O2 travel costs not charged, even though i received confirmation emails 

Message 19 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks

Message 20 of 23