Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 'The Cloud' Wifi Sign Up Process

DinoF
Level 12: Nimble
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

O2's 'The Cloud' wifi is a total shambles............!

When I had my iPhone 5, I know 100% that I signed up to use the service (went to Pizza Express once and

signed up there and then).

Then, last night, funnily enough, I was at Pizza Express again, so there I was with my iPhone 6 (on the same mobile number as my iPhone 5 had, I may add) and with the O2 'The Cloud' wifi showing up on my screen as 'available wifi hotspots'. I selected it and bewildering to me, it asks me to sign up for the service yet again....?!?! Confused

First, it took me to the 'register' page, where I had to enter my email address (had already previously done this on my iPhone 5), which I did. It then took me to the next page where I had to enter my password (again!).

The next page, then asked me to enter my mobile number - by which time, I really couldn't be bothered to go thorugh the whole process, all over again, so gave up and didn't bother. 

I assume, ther page which asked for the mobile number, if I had entered it, I would have then been sent a link. I would then have had to  click on the link, and then re-sign back into the service. Far too overly complicated..........Destroy

If 'The Cloud' is free - why the need to register and sign it, and then having to re-register AGAIN, on a new phone, which has the same phone number...?!?!?!?

I ended up just using my 4G connection whcih was probably faster than 'The Cloud'...............

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

It's supposed to be an easy process but like you I find it hit and miss.

I also use Bt Hotspots and wifi hotspots which are better.

Ultimately like you I seem to drop back on 4G/3G as they tend to be more stable and faster than these wifi connections.
Message 2 of 9

DinoF
  • 603 Posts
  • 39 Topics
  • 4 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

It's supposed to be an easy process but like you I find it hit and miss.

I also use Bt Hotspots and wifi hotspots which are better.

Ultimately like you I seem to drop back on 4G/3G as they tend to be more stable and faster than these wifi connections.

...good to hear its not just me then - cheers bandofbrothers!

I guess with so many people using The Cloud, it probably is indeed quicker to just use 3G or 4G!

Message 3 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
No worries.

A I say Bt ones are better but you need to be a customer on their broadband or pay for access. 😞

My city centre has free city wide WiFi. They've converted some old style red telephone boxes to hold wifi equipment ,and painted them blue.

It's ok but not overly fast.
Message 4 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It is because your new phone has a different MAC address - Phone number is irrelevant to a wifi connection.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

It takes a maximum of 1 minute to re-register for "The Cloud". Enter your name, email address and phone number...bingo!

I don't see what the problem is.

Message 6 of 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with @Anonymous .

You have to do it once with your new phone, and then if you keep that phone wont have to do it for another 2 years? Hardly an inconvenience is it?

Message 7 of 9

L_W_Ward
  • 625 Posts
  • 42 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I use the Cloud ones and downloaded the app so they connect instantly without the need to log in everytime, works good so far. 

iPhone 13 Pro Max 25gBG,
iPad 9th Gen,
Apple Watch Ultra,
,Airpod Pro,
Apple TV 4K,
Apple TV HD,
HomePods,
Message 8 of 9

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics