cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh The SCAM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been thinking about this since August last year. Coming to the end of my contract i thought oh i have O2 refresh. Happy with my phone i decided to ask the QUESTION. I would like to keep my phone until my free upgrade what happens with my O2 refresh money? You don't get it back.

Here are my issues.

1. A Sim only contract £9 - £15

2. You Pay O2 £25 upwards for a Sin only contract.(RIP OFF)

3. You then pay for the phone at a rate of (Full price of the phone / length of contract in months)

4. Can anybody see this.

5. I am getting bummed here

So here we go.

I dont really like complaining but WTF.

You go to O2 cause you want a phone with your contact and the minuets data text etc.

I mean i got it O2 Refresh cause being a techno-lad I love new techo OH this will be good pay off my 'contract' (and before you get the lawyers around I know it wouldn't be the contract for the 'SIM' cause that would get rolled in to a new 24 month contract) get a new phone BOOM ahead of the game (SUCKER) ". Should have known everything has a price.

I love O2 they have great customer service and it is mainly beyond reproach, and you Mr Customer service adviser, you reading this now instead of the prick that thought of this idea, are a good guy I love coming to you with my problems in your service you strive to help me. Love it don't stop.

But whoever's idea this was mate, I'll be complaining to some financial authority or some trading board. Because it takes the *bleep*.

If nothing happens I might go see someone about say a SCAM that has no place in your business were customers have been mislead. (said reason above by the way). You sell a contract were they expect a phone, and then sell some stuff about how your bound to the contract and the phone, But really if i didn't want to stay with O2 and deal direct with yourselves, I wouldn't have done it, Carphone Warehouse, all these shops they just buy you out to sell the new contract, Believe me i know i work in the car industry i know how PCP works. These places have money set aside to buy them out and you give them the buy out cheaper.

Once O2 Once O2, you have really annoyed me.

Nathan

On a lighter note I blame HTC for making some of the best phones on the market.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

Anonymous
Not applicable

1. Depends on which Network/Data/Minutes/SMS you require.
2. O2 Sim Only ranges from £8 to £30 depending on Data and Duration of Contract.
3. That’s the whole idea of Refresh!
4. See what?
5. What you do in private is up to you!

Message 11 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

No disrespect to the OP who wrote this post, but sorry I got lost half way through reading this.

Over the last week, I have come to understand what O2 Refresh is all about, thanks too many posters who replied to a couple of my post questions! O2 Refresh is a neat contract, and does exactly what it says on the O2 website. The contract is split into 2 parts!

I agree with all of the above.

Liam. 😀
Message 12 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

Perhaps you would care to come back and explain more so we can understand and answer your questions?
Message 13 of 79

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144355 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions

This may help the OP and is a direct example of my own refresh contract.

Phone cost was £240 so I pay £10 a month over the 2 year duration of the contract.

Airtime is £14 a month so every month I pay £24.00

I have 8 months until my minimum term is met so as of now if I want out I can just pay £80 (8 x £10) and if I wish walk away, or just leave my airtime running at the £14 month cost.

The phone is mine so I can sell it, keep it or give it away.

Another option I have is to take a brand new contract with a new phone and enter into another 24 month contract with a current deal that is been offered by O2 and start all over again.

I'm looking hard but I don't see a scam anywhere tbh.......?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

offtopic:

@Anonymous what would happen to the phone if i choose to refresh again but still owed money on the phone? 

1)would i have to pay the remainder of the phone off before using refresh again

2)would they take the phone back and give me a new one on a new contract ?

3)can i not refresh till the phone is payed off in total ?

Message 15 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
You would have to pay off the phone OR take out a new refresh AND airtime agreement separate to the one you have
Message 16 of 79

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144355 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
1 - yes, unless you wanted 2 contracts running.
2 - you can use o2 recycle and use the money to pay off what you owe.
3 - correct.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right sorry kids

When you get a contract your pay x ammount for the contract. If I didnt sign up for o2 refresh my contract would have been the same ammout minus the o2 refresh.

so forget o2 refresh.

when my contract expires i could get a free upgrade.

but with o2 refresh i pay extra a month which otherwise would have been included in my monthly contract.

What i am saying is if i didnt sign for o2 refresh i would have got the upgrade for free after my contract and kept the phone.

Now i have signed up for o2 refresh i pay for the phone and i still have a contract that is the same ammount as my old phone same usage etc. but now the phone is not included in my 'contract' (because i chose o2 refresh)

so o2 are getting more for the same ammount i would have paid anyway

I hope you get this

Message 18 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks @MI5 and @Anonymous  i have given u both kudos for helping

Message 19 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Terms and Conditions

All mean nothing if they violate statue laws so really as long as you understand them they dont matter

Message 20 of 79