cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Refresh The SCAM

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been thinking about this since August last year. Coming to the end of my contract i thought oh i have O2 refresh. Happy with my phone i decided to ask the QUESTION. I would like to keep my phone until my free upgrade what happens with my O2 refresh money? You don't get it back.

Here are my issues.

1. A Sim only contract £9 - £15

2. You Pay O2 £25 upwards for a Sin only contract.(RIP OFF)

3. You then pay for the phone at a rate of (Full price of the phone / length of contract in months)

4. Can anybody see this.

5. I am getting bummed here

So here we go.

I dont really like complaining but WTF.

You go to O2 cause you want a phone with your contact and the minuets data text etc.

I mean i got it O2 Refresh cause being a techno-lad I love new techo OH this will be good pay off my 'contract' (and before you get the lawyers around I know it wouldn't be the contract for the 'SIM' cause that would get rolled in to a new 24 month contract) get a new phone BOOM ahead of the game (SUCKER) ". Should have known everything has a price.

I love O2 they have great customer service and it is mainly beyond reproach, and you Mr Customer service adviser, you reading this now instead of the prick that thought of this idea, are a good guy I love coming to you with my problems in your service you strive to help me. Love it don't stop.

But whoever's idea this was mate, I'll be complaining to some financial authority or some trading board. Because it takes the *bleep*.

If nothing happens I might go see someone about say a SCAM that has no place in your business were customers have been mislead. (said reason above by the way). You sell a contract were they expect a phone, and then sell some stuff about how your bound to the contract and the phone, But really if i didn't want to stay with O2 and deal direct with yourselves, I wouldn't have done it, Carphone Warehouse, all these shops they just buy you out to sell the new contract, Believe me i know i work in the car industry i know how PCP works. These places have money set aside to buy them out and you give them the buy out cheaper.

Once O2 Once O2, you have really annoyed me.

Nathan

On a lighter note I blame HTC for making some of the best phones on the market.

Message 1 of 79
78 REPLIES 78

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Just seen a box that says accept as solution

do it for lot of you

Dont want to get anyone banned

i got the wrong end of the stick simple

Z3 comment your spot on

and again 

THANKS 

Well I'm glad that's all sorted now....PHEW!!!LOL

Message 51 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

And you are now a BLOCKBUSTER....Well done Dance

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 52 of 79

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 53 of 79

MI5
  • 143413 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

And you are now a BLOCKBUSTER....Well done Dance

I'll have a "P" please Happy Dance

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 54 of 79

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I think the OP was quite magnanimous in the end Handshake

I agree. To the extent he flooded the thread with kudos. Well done him(or her) wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 55 of 79

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

I've removed a LARGE amount of Off-topic posts here.

If you have a question about filtered words or other actions to do with the swear-filter, please ask me privately. Public debates on the subject cause the team to have to remove lots of posts.

In this case, the word has been added to the filter list.

Cheers
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 56 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Toby wrote:
If you have a question about filtered words or other actions to do with the swear-filter, please ask me privately. Public debates on the subject cause the team to have to remove lots of posts.

Such a policy and practice leads to inconsistent treatment and perhaps even discrimination - some members' use of a particular word will earn them censure whilst others will get away with it. Why should that be?

With today's technology and database management techniques it ought not to be too difficult or time consuming to search for, find and delete/replace offending words.  I do not understand why the infamous Private Message system has to be employed in this matter.

Message 57 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else had this experience.

12 months ago, I took out a new contract (Pay Monthly) for my son on a o2 refresh contract.

The sales assistant in the o2 shop explained that the idea of O2 refresh  not only meant that at the end of the 24 month period I would no longer be charged for the phone part of the deal but also that the plan was flexible and I could change the phone by paying off the phone part of the contract at any point in the contract. This was to help customers who initially bought a phone but felt they didnt like it and wanted  to change to a different model. This is what appealed to us as my son, like many others, like to keep up to date with phones.  In this instance my son damaged his phone so I decided to pay of the contract on the phone and opt for an updated model. However, when I went to the o2 shop I was told that I could change for a new phone but I HAD TO change to a new contract, this was not as it was explained when we took out the contract.

Apparently if you decide to take advantage of the option to upgrade the phone then you have to sign a new 2 year contract, is this mis selling?

On top of that, the plan he is on at present is 8gb data per month with unlimited texts and calls etc, I am told that this plan is not available at the same cost.

I feel that the whole thing is just a rip off!!

Has anyone else had this experience and what are your thoughts?

Message 58 of 79

MI5
  • 143413 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Everything you have been told is correct.
Upgrade to a new contract means just that - you take a new refresh contract which is set at 24 months unless you decide to pay off the phone before.
If you want to stay on the 8gb tariff you are on now you can continue paying that part of the contract and buy an O2 PAYG phone or a sim free one from amazon, carphone warehouse etc and use the sim in that.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 59 of 79

Anonymous
Not applicable
Took O2 (Capita) to task over misleading advertising. Their website CLEARLY states that you can pay off the phone plan and continue to use your existing air time if you wish a new phone! Basically "tough"

Also, lady from Complaints Review Service stated that they can change t&c and DON'T have to inform customers!

So basically, caveat emptor - O2s word is basically worthless now. Whatever happened to this once good Company?
Message 60 of 79