cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Priority

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are O2 priority offers a scam? Whenever I try to use one in a shop, despite good wifi the message that “priority is not available, sorry” always comes up. To get round this I use offer now at home, so it is saved on screen for later. Today I notice you have put a time limit on use (15 mins for Caffe Nero) so I cannot do this. Nice one. If you don't want to give me a free coffee don't offer one. I cannot complain about not getting something for nothing, but I dislike being mislead.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Maybe it's the wifi connection that's no good or you're not signed into it?

You could also take a screenshot of the code so there was no time out restriction.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cafe Nero have wifi so connect to this before accessing the app - it's not a scam I have used it dozens of times, they always have had a time limit on it - it used to be 10 mins or so, and recently it's been 9 hours so they must have changed it again. 

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Don't forget you need to open your web browser to log into public wifi hotspots too.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I downloaded the cloud app - registered my device through that and whenever I am in range of the cloud i connect automatically - you don't even have to keep the app on the phone just register your device through it and then remove if you want.

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks folks, a few ideas to try
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Let us know how you get on and hope you enjoy your coffee slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Are O2 priority offers a scam?

In a word no they aren't, but it pays to be in a position to use them when you claim them.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 8 of 8