Did you mean: 

O2 Open and Friends and Family Discount Schemes

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

O2 Offer 3 discount schemes:

O2 Open is employer based (certain jobs qualify for discounts)

Latest O2 Open help pages here

Friends and Family (F&F) applys if you have friends or family working for O2.

O2 Student Offers

All offer discount of the airtime portion of your refresh contract only.

Open is 15 or 25% depending on tariff (see T&C's FAQ )

F&F is 50%.

Student is 20%

A summary of Open T&C's are here T&C's and here for students studentoffer (follow the link for details on how to sign up to UniDays.

For F&F the employee of O2 needs to register here http://www.o2justforyou.co.uk/ and it is their responsibilty to process the discount for you. So they will need your account details.

Here is the sign-up page for Open: SignUp

To claim your open discount, 

text "OPEN" followed by your open code, mobile number, name and postcode to 2020 (We believe this still works, although the official route is now to take your code in store to be verified).

To claim your F&F discount the employee member must confirm and process the request.

To claim your student discount text your code to 61202 from any mobile.

You will receive a confirmation text back that says you will be notified when your request is processed.

The F&F discount can also be applied to simo contracts and PAYG accounts but at all times the contracts must be taken directly with O2 (no 3rd party resellers) and notable exclusions always apply to new iPhone launches (check T&C's for full details).

Hope this helps in explaining the different schemes and claim processes.

Please read the FAQ's carefully as there have been other significant changes, such as no longer allowing customers to share their code up to 5 times. You can now only use it twice. Once for a Mobile Refresh contract and once for a Mobile Broadband Refresh contract.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 1 of 87
86 REPLIES 86

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks so much as I found this to be a lot of help

Regards

John Sherlock

Message 21 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I'm sorry but can someone clarify for me whether or not I can buy online and then apply within the 28 days? I've got the Open code, I've seen that I can apply within 28 days. But I live nowhere near an O2 shop.
After 30 minutes of queuing on the phone this afternoon, I gave up trying to speak to someone 😞.
I already have a pay monthly account if that makes any difference.
Any help is much appreciated.
🙂
Message 22 of 87

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Just text your details in as described here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 23 of 87

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I am looking for descount %30 if any can help thanks
Message 24 of 87

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions
Message 25 of 87

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As long as your employer is covered in the Open scheme you should be Ok.  Be aware that it needs to be added within the first month of the contract...

Message 26 of 87

saajan12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, what happens with the 50% off Friends and Family airtime discount when the 24month phone plan period finishes? I am coming to the end of the 24months of my handset plan, and don't want to upgrade - does this get treated as a sim only with a discount of only 30% or is it still 50% off the airtime (despite the handset portion being £0)?

Thanks!

Message 27 of 87

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Your contract will just roll on month by month and the discount will still apply to the airtime until such time as you upgrade or change tariff.
Message 28 of 87

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I don't believe F&F is still available, so do not cancel the contract if you want to retain the discount.

Currently using:
Message 29 of 87

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Latest updated FAQ's wink
https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

Currently using:
Message 30 of 87