cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Samsung galaxy S6 Edge

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would appear that the S6 and S6 Edge are excluded from the O2 Open discount, anyone know why or for how long considering the HTC M9 and iphone 6 are allowed

Cheers

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I believe that the iPhone 6 was also on that list on one point.

It was and on previous launches it was 'around' 6 months before unlocking and Open discount were available. There has never been a fixed time scale and it's an O2 business decision as to why, when and how they make a phone eligible or ineligible. 

As mentioned above, it has to be applied within 30 days so we the customer must make our own judgement whether to buy or not based on O2's current policy.

Message 21 of 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I believe that theiPhone 6 was also on that list on one point.

It was and on previous launches it was 'around' 6 months before unlocking and Open discount were available. There has never been a fixed time scale and it's an O2 business decision as to why, when and how they make a phone eligible or ineligible. 

As mentioned above, it has to be applied within 30 days so we the customer must make our own judgement whether to buy or not based on O2's current policy.

Well put @jonsie . And like somebody mentioned the Iphone 6 was once on that list and now it isn't.

The list will be changed again when new handsets are launched and the S6 will be removed at some point, but I wouldn't imagine it happening anytime soon... And no matter what dates you have heard they are wrong, because the decision has not been made yet. Hope this clarifies it a little.

Message 22 of 37

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well I got told last week that u could get the s6 on the o2open
Message 24 of 37

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

That's wrong according to the terms here: https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 25 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

And what's worse the current information about the S6 and the Open discount gives absolutely no clue as to when (or if) it will be available for this phone slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 26 of 37

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

If they give out that kind of information sales would be affected until it's available. In case no one has realised there are men in suits employed to make these business decisions to maximise profits for directors and shareholders. 

Customers....Take it or leave it ?

Message 27 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

I just feel furious for those people who  are eligible for the discount and buy for a top of the range handet....only to find they can't get Open...Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 28 of 37

jonsie
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

It's easy to say read the t&c's but it's always been iPhones exempt. O2 have moved the goal posts and it makes me annoyed that people buy in good faith and are then finding out they can't get the discount because they bought a phone not included. I find it deplorable in all honesty. 

Message 29 of 37

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

And me...even more so when you read the latest FAQ's posted by rosadosc where they don't give any indication that it will ever be available for the S6

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 37