Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Code

Karen196446
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I work for the nhs and have just brought the new samsung galaxy s7 edge i went to the o2 open website and read faqs which say

What's the deal, in simple terms?
O2 Open gives customers 25% off airtime plans with 3GB or above data and 15% off airtime plans below 3GB. This is across all Refresh 24 month Pay Monthly voice and Mobile Broadband tariffs.

but o2 says it does not apply to samsung galaxy s7 or s7 edge phone.

Message 1 of 73
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 exclude the majority of flagship phones at launch and the T&C's usually reflect this.
Generally it lasts for around a month or two.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 73
72 REPLIES 72

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 exclude the majority of flagship phones at launch and the T&C's usually reflect this.
Generally it lasts for around a month or two.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Karen196446 It wont be available to you just yet as the S7 has just been release3d.

Have a look at this guide http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-Services/O2-Open-and-Friends-and-Family-Discount-Schemes...

A bit more patience required wink

https://o2open.co.uk/O2Open/servlets/ShowFAQ

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 73

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Come May time when the hype is over, the discount will apply. But by that time is too late for you up apply it.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:
Come May time when the hype is over, the discount will apply. But by that time is too late for you up apply it.

That's not true. Normally O2 Open has to be applied at the time the contract starts... but if O2 reserve the right to apply it later for flagship phones.. then it will become available when they 'lift the bar' so to speak. We see it every year with new iPhone and Samsung releases

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 73

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Curr946 wrote:

That's not true. Normally O2 Open has to be applied at the time the contract starts... but if O2 reserve the right to apply it later for flagship phones.. then it will become available when they 'lift the bar' so to speak. We see it every year with new iPhone and Samsung releases

so your saying the discount can be added later to the flagship contracts. Defeat's the point in excluding them in the first place.

Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 73

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Personally @Karen196446 I would try sending the text as written in the guide by @MI5
The S7 isn't listed as excluded in the faq and it's worth a try imo.
Message 7 of 73

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Curr946 wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@Curr946 wrote:

so your saying the discount can be added later to the flagship contracts. Defeat's the point in excluding them in the first place.

I don't write the rules. I am saying what I know to be the procedure with flagship phones. Sometimes the FAQ's state it clearly for a selected period of time. On this occasion they make no mention of the S7 being excluded. However as it was only officially released on March 11th this may well be the reason the OP can't get it yet.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 73

PhoneDoc
Level 14: Rising star 
  • 278 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 21 Solutions
Just to clarify, O2 Open cannot be applied retroactively on the excluded handsets. If they allow O2 Open to be used from the start of may, only those who purchased the handset from the start of may onwards will be eligible.
Message 9 of 73

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

That doesn't sound like a very fair policy to me. Customers are penalized and can't get a discount that they would be entitled to normally because they want a phone when it's released, rather than wait? Sounds like a bit of O2 greeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed to me.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 10 of 73