cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 Open Code Invalid

Anonymous
Not applicable

I took out an O2 contract approximately 2 months ago. The next day I registered on the Open website and a discount code was generated and sent to my phone. I took that in to my local store, it was applied, I was given a printout and I was told to wait 60 days.

Now 60 days have passed. I chat to an online agent and was told the code I supplied is not valid. I was told to go back instore. I went back to the Open website to try to retrieve the code that was sent to me 60 days ago and a completely new code was generated. I took that back to the store and I was put throught the same process, given a print out and told to contact customer services.

I have now spoken to customer services and all the lady could do was put the request through again just like was done in store and tell me to wait for another 60-90 days to see if the code is valid. What a blody joke..

Does anyone know what they mean by open code is not valid. My employer is definitely part of the scheme and the code I used was generated from the Open website and sent to my phone. How can it not be valid? (I didnt by an iPhone 5)

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, assuming the code is valid and the store definitely requested the O2 open credit - this should be able to be escalated to the relevant ddepartment and actioned within 24 hours and going onto your bill within the month.

Speak to Customer Services tomorrow and tell them you are having problems with an open credit not received even after the initial request.

I hope you get it sorted quickly slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

No idea, but surely a discount has to be applied when the contract is taken out, not months later?

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, I don't think it is very fair to ask you to wait a further 60-90 days, what would be the point of an open credit if you got it like 6 months later?

I'll reply in a bit if there's a way CS can perhaps speed this up if you ask them.

Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, assuming the code is valid and the store definitely requested the O2 open credit - this should be able to be escalated to the relevant ddepartment and actioned within 24 hours and going onto your bill within the month.

Speak to Customer Services tomorrow and tell them you are having problems with an open credit not received even after the initial request.

I hope you get it sorted quickly slight_smile

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for all the responses. O2 were fantastic and this was sorted out quite quickly. I trawled the forums and found a link to make a complaint by chat. I spoke to Abhinav and he showed a lot of empathy. He gave me a £5 credit for my troubles so far and told me to leave it with him. I didnt believe him but because he had been so professional, I thought to myself, I'd give him no grief and just wait another 60 days to see what happened so I ended the chat.

To my suprise, I got an email from Abhinav 3 days later saying to log in to my O2 account and I would find my Open credit had been applied. I logged in and that was the case (customer service shocker). I am truly impressed with O2, most especially Abhinav who took ownership of my issues and saw that it was resolved.

Thanks Abhinav and everyone who helped.
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

im having trouble with opencode please could you help with link for customer service complaint chat? thanks

Message 6 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions