Did you mean: 

O2 Clip It: The Trial is ending

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Update: Hi guys,

The O2 Clip It trial will be closing on 31st May. Thanks for your time trying the service and giving us any feedback. We suggest you keep any videos sent/received in your native device gallery, as the O2 Clip It inbox will become unavailable after the service closes. If you’ve got any final feedback or thoughts, please let us know in this thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys,

Today, O2 is launching a trial of a brand new video app, O2 Clip it.

The app allows you to record a video of up to 63 seconds in length and then send it to your friends and family via messaging, email or through your mobile number. You can also post your videos to Facebook or twitter. It’s available on iPhones on iOS7+, Samsung S3, S4, S4 Mini, HTC One and One Mini and the Nexus 4 even if they’re not on O2.

It’s a nice little app that’ll really help you share funny, sweet and family moments easily slight_smile

The app’s in its early trial stages and we’d love to hear from you. What’s good about it? What could be improved? What would you add to it? 

Much like what was done for Evernote previously, we’ve created a good set of FAQs about the app for you to reference if you’re having trouble. If you have any questions that aren’t covered below, make a post and start the discussion!

FAQs

1. What is O2 Clip It?

O2 Clip It is a trial of a free video messaging app for iPhone and Android smartphones, letting you capture short video clips and share with friends and family. Add filters to your video messages to capture the mood.

2. How do I get it?

You can download O2 Clip It for free from iTunes or Google Play. It’s available on iOS devices running iOS7+ (requires front-facing camera and the app is optimised for iPhones), and Android smartphones (Samsung S3 / S4 / S4 Mini, HTC One / One Mini and Nexus 4. Once installed, open the app and sign up. We’ll send you an SMS PIN code to validate your phone number and a verification email for security, and then you’re good to go.

3. What devices can I use O2 Clip It with?

The O2 Clip It app is optimised for iPhones running iOS 6 and higher, and Android smartphones running Android 4.0.3 and higher.

3. Who can use it?

Anyone in the UK can sign up and use the app; you don’t need to be an O2 customer. You can send O2 Clip It video messages to anyone - they don’t need to have the app to view any videos you’ve shared with them. If they don’t have the app, they’ll receive an SMS, email or Facebook message with a link (depending on how you decided to share your video) - they can click on the link and watch your video on any web or mobile browser. O2 Clip It supports the following browsers: Google Chrome 16+, Mozilla Firefox 9+, Safari 5.1+, Opera 12+ and IE 9+.To reply to your message, they’ll need to download the app and register for the service.

4. Where do I get help?

Support for O2 Clip It will only be provided through our Community forums. Please let us know what you think of the app and any ideas for how it could be improved.

5. Will O2 Clip It use my data allowance?

O2 Clip It can use 3G, 4G or Wifi to send and receive your video messages. Each video you send using O2 Clip It may be up to 6MB in size, so if you’re using it over 3G or 4G, you may want to keep track of your data allowance.

6. How do I send a video message?

From the home page, click the camera icon to open the O2 Clip It camera. You can switch from the front to back camera or add a filter before hitting the record button. During recording, you can pause and resume at any time. If you’re not happy with your video message, you can stop recording and delete the video (or start re-recording if you want to start again).

Once you’re happy with your video message, you can now send it your contacts on your phone using their phone number or email address; you can also send to friends on Facebook (if you’ve connected your Facebook account) and you can also send to O2 Clip It Groups for quick sharing with multiple contacts.

6. Are my O2 Clip It videos private?

Any videos you share with contacts will be available via a URL (or in O2 Clip It if you’ve sent it to another O2 Clip It user). You should be aware that your contacts may share your videos or video URL with other people. We suggest you treat O2 Clip It like other social networks and never share personal information or content

7. What are Groups?

Once you’ve sent an O2 Clip It video to someone, that contact can be added to Groups in the O2 Clip It app. You can create a group to share a video message quickly with multiple contacts.

8. Where are my videos saved?

Any videos you take with O2 Clip It will be saved in your device’s gallery as well as the O2 Clip It service. You can delete videos from your O2 Clip It inbox, however this won’t delete videos from your device (you’ll need to manually delete from your device gallery).

9. I’ve been sent video messages that are offensive, what can I do?

You can report any video messages received on O2 Clip It as offensive, just click the ‘report’ button beneath the video. If you do this, the video will be queued in our system for further review. You can choose to leave the conversation or if you’re receiving video messages from an individual you want to stop permanently, you can also block them from sending you any messages. If you need any further help regarding online safety, take a look at some useful information and support links here:http://www.o2.co.uk/support/generalhelp/howdoi/safetycontrolandaccess

10. Why does O2 Clip It need to access my contacts?

The O2 Clip It app accesses your phone’s contacts to allow you to send your video messages to your device contacts, using phone numbers or email addresses. The app does not copy, back-up or store your contacts. By connecting your Facebook account, O2 Clip It also enables you to send video messages to your Facebook contacts as private messages, or you can also post to your Facebook wall.

Troubleshooting

11. I’m having trouble watching a video that has been sent to me using O2 Clip It?

If you’re trying to view a video sent from O2 Clip It on a web or mobile browser, we recommend ensuring you have upgraded to the latest version of your browser. O2 Clip It supports the following browsers: Google Chrome 16+, Mozilla Firefox 9+, Safari 5.1+, Opera 12+ and IE 9+.

12. I’m having trouble sending a message from the O2 Clip It app?

Ensure you have a data connection available on your phone - you’ll either need 3G, 4G or Wifi in order to send/receive messages from the O2 Clip It app.

Ts & Cs can be found below.

http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/other-products-and-services/clip-it

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bring on the Android App!!!!
Message 11 of 35

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Bring on the Android App!!!!

Ask....and you shall receive slight_smile

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.six3.o2clipit

Its now available to download on Android guys, give it a go!

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 12 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
And install it I have. Thank you Toby
Message 13 of 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Me too and it works, thanks O2! Fantastic

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Toby

Bit of feedback. On both our S4's there are bugs. When registering it stopped part way through and had to repeat part of it.

Once I had registered I had to verify email and it crashed again.

However I managed to get it set up and sent my first video. However when I set up the second handset (S4same issues as above) I recorded a clip and tried to send to my user name on my first handset and it kept saying I need to select a recipient. It appears that even though I have a user name it required the full email address.

It's a first draft and looks like it will deliver well but does need more work. TuGo also needs more work.
Message 15 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi Toby
TuGo also needs more work.

and Tugo is way more important than an app to send videos Astounded

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 35

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Clipit and TuGo seem to be by different companies.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 17 of 35

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Maybe clipit could have a bash at Tugo then ?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 35

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

Now there's a Good Idea, you can see who wrote ClipIt here:

http://www.mobilenewscwp.co.uk/2013/12/18/o2-trials-clip-it-video-messaging-service/

I believe TuGo was written by Telefonica Digital but not totally sure.

Message 19 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Argh. The way it was described earlier today I thought clip it was from o2 (and so is TuGo).
Message 20 of 35