cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 CONTENT LOCK TOO STRICT

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the content lock put on my phone yesterday and have had no choice but to have it taken off again...The filter is just TOO strict. It's so strict I couldn't access basic shopping websites like boots.co.uk or check footie scores on sky sports website for example...Other network providers have different content lock settings ie STRICT or MODERATE.If o2 had these settings then the content lock would be far more practical.
To all who read if you agree please reply.The more people in agreement the more likely changes will be made...Most parents want to protect their children from certain content but this lock is so strict it may as well block the Internet altogether.
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

That's Internet politics for you, blocking social media websites would kill off the service. I think the problem with sport websites is that they advertise and are tracked by gambling websites. Perhaps they need to be a bit more careful with their content management.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 11 of 29

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@anticpated wrote:

I think the problem with sport websites is that they advertise and are tracked by gambling websites. Perhaps they need to be a bit more careful with their content management.

I was going to suggest exactly the same thing.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are right @anticpated , just been to sky sports page and there is betting on there, so if there's gambling it's classed as +18, as that is the legal age to be allowed to gamble.

Tried boots, and no clue!No idea! Maybe worth flagging it?!

Message 13 of 29

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Tried boots, and no clue!No idea! Maybe worth flagging it?!

Can you order precriptions or controlled medication on the website?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 14 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replies ppl..Some valid points have been made there's gambling ads on sky sports hence why it's blocked.but jonsie sums it up...The content lock o2 uses needs changing or improving. My last network provider had a good system so I know it's easily possible for O2 to do also.
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Been a good debate.

Perhaps our site management @MarinaP  @Toby can feed this back up the chain.

Message 16 of 29

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

Can you order precriptions or controlled medication on the website?

You used to be able to get repeat prescriptions. Also you can get quite a few poisons like peroxide and certain glues...They sell a lot of herbal medications also

I often use Boots online  and am amazed at the stuff you can buy.....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 29

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

Cleoriff wrote: 

You used to be able to get repeat prescriptions. Also you can get quite a few poisons like peroxide and certain glues...They sell a lot of herbal medications also

I often use Boots online  and am amazed at the stuff you can buy.....

That would explain the block on that site too then.......

Currently using:
Message 18 of 29

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
You called?