cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non payment for recycled phone

Anonymous
Not applicable

In mid December i recycled my old mobile through o2 recyling. On 20th December I had an e-mail saying £44.25 had been sent to my account. This has not been received. Non of my e-mails have been answered and the promise made by Ann Marie to ring me back (a week last Thursday) on the following day has not materialised. A phone call today would not be accepted (high volumes etc.) In short they took my phone and have not paid me for it. Has anyone had this problem and if so how did they sort it out. I have two ideas in mind. 1. Trading Standards. 2. Small Claims Court. It just beggars belief that a company of this size should treat me this way. (or perhaps it dosen't. Mike424

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, thanks, that is a possibility
Message 11 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Let us know how you get on

Message 12 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Under the advice of Trading Standards I issued an ultimatum under the Law of Contract recorded delivery to the Head Office with copy to parent company. I received a phone call within 2 days and the money was paid into my account the same day plus an extra £13 to cover my costs plus an apology. The original payment was returned by my bank because the payment bore the wrong account number. I don't know whose fault this was but responding to my first e-mail instead of ignoring that and three more attempts to communicate would have sorted out the problem in the same time it took the Head Office i.e.2 days. Thanks for all comments

Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

glad you are all sorted

Message 14 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I recycled my old phone a week ago. Told I'd receive £101 for it. I've had no email or confirmation through of any kind. Is this normal? Surely someone would have notified me by now.
Message 15 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I recycled my old phone a week ago. Told I'd receive £101 for it. I've had no email or confirmation through of any kind. Is this normal? Surely someone would have notified me by now.

You should have heard something by now - Give them a call https://www.o2recycle.co.uk/contact.aspx

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 16