cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more early 3 months upgrade for loyal customers?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone else been told that after 9 years of loyalty to O2 they are no longer eligible for the early 3 months upgrade for loyal customers?

This is very fustrating as I don't want to more supplier but no one is telling me when this stopped or why I am no longer eligible!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too miss the early upgrade, but refresh is quite interesting, the option to pay off the phone part early meant that should anything exciting have come out earlier that I wanted I could have paid it off and upgraded. I was looking at paying a couple of months early and getting a new phone but I am on windows and the only comparative phone at the moment is the 930 which is a year old. time to decide whether to move to the robots
Message 11 of 20

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Get the awesome S6 - you won't regret it wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

If you are talking Android @Anonymous...then go for it.. Join the Army....Bouncy wink

android army.jpg

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was an android user in the past, back in the early days and the likes of ice cream sandwich. Is the software any better these days?
Message 14 of 20

Cleoriff
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I was an android user in the past, back in the early days and the likes of ice cream sandwich. Is the software any better these days?

Well the experts on here seem to rate Lollipop. I haven't got it yet on my Note 3 but am happy enough without it...LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 15 of 20

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

How much better is Denim than WP7 ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 16 of 20

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Lollipop is great, I've just upgraded both my Moto G 4G and my Xperia Z both are now like new devices!

It's easy to use, the displays are better. And, my battery life has been extended.

Go for it!

Message 17 of 20

Anonymous
Not applicable
Fair point MI5, I get what you mean there, I probably did have a meaning regarding the similarities of the earlier roid firmware. I know many issues were caused by the modding at the manufacturer of the phone. So I guess the real question is who has the best versions
Message 18 of 20

MI5
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Lollipop is very similar across all devices that I've used. The only real big differences are in the launchers and skins used by different manufacturers.
Sony typically offer the closest to Google with Sammy probably the furthest away, but, the new TouchWiz on the S6 is their best yet.

Currently using:
Message 19 of 20

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
I agree, I wasn't looking forward to touchwiz on the s6 but I'm very pleased with it. It's as close to stock android as samsung could get, while still retaining their own look and feel.
A very, very good experience so far and I doubt my nova app will be used ever on this.
Message 20 of 20