cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to have code every time before I can login to O2 site

Anonymous
Not applicable

Since having my old phone number added to my new monthly account via PAC number, I find every time I try to login, the enter details button is dead. I have instead to enter my phone number and wait for a six digit security code texted to me.

Does anyone else have this issue?

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Next time you are logged in try changing your password to see if it helps.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

You may need to call Customer Services on 202 Contract or 4445 Payg to have your account looked at.
Message 2 of 15

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Next time you are logged in try changing your password to see if it helps.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your suggestion but part of the current process of logging in involves me having to change my password anyway. This after entering my phone number in order to receive security code, entering it then answering security question. This whole process has to be repeated every time I try to log in. 

Just had to endure this in order to log in to make this reply which was prompted by an email suggesting that your post had been accepted as a solution - if so it wasn't by me.

Message 4 of 15

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Admin go around marking some solutions so it was probably them that marked it.
If you send a pm to Toby he will remove it for you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Anyway, back to the problem and I'll need a bit more info....
When you log in, do you log in with your email address?
Also, as far as your MY O2 is concerned, how many accounts do you have linked together?

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for bearing with me. When I try to log in, my email address and password are entered but the submit button (or whatever its called) is dead (same on PC or tablet). Adjacent to this on the right side of page is an invitation to submit my phone number whereupon I get texted a security number ...............

Forgot to mention that this issue seems to have occured after the O2 number alloted to my new monthly account was changed via PAC number to my previous Virgin mobile number .

I only have the one account BTW.

Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
OK, so when you log in to your MY O2 does this work OK?
If so, try changing that password and then log into the community with your new password?

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wasn't aware that I had to log in again for O2 community. The issue was just with general log in.

However have for the first time just managed to log in on my PC normally. Whether this was because I was still logged in via tablet I'm not sure but a step in the right direction.

Further update, logged out on tablet and tried logging in again with success so maybe issue has sorted itself.

Just need to sort the TU Go issue now. The websites PC download link now works so installed it on PC but still the same issue - cannot register as it will not accept my valid password following entering texted four digit registration code. 

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Too many password problems for you mate.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15