cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My O2 account

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good afternoon.

I have a mobile on contract and my wife on PAYG. They are shared on the same O2 account.

When loggin in, I am presented with my details and my phone. Earlier, my wife wanted her phone topped up, so I switched to her phone in My O2, successfully topped her up.

Now, try as hard as I might, I cannot get back to my phone details.

I have even gone to the last email confirmation that my bill is ready and tried loggin in via the links. I still get my wife's phone rather than my own.

Any ideas as to what is going on here?

Thanks

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

gemz4the1
Level 23: Casual Specs
  • 2478 Posts
  • 261 Topics
  • 33 Solutions

The accounts will not show on the same page.

You need to go to the top of the page where the menu is (explore, shop, support, My O2) and there will be an option to switch or link your account.

Message 11 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I am now able to see my mobile!

Instead of asking for a message with a code, I asked for a password reset. Still wife's phone. I then asked for a password reset for my wife's email and now I see my mobile!

Right, so somehow during the marriage of our two phones, My email address is connected to her phone and her email address to my phone.

Please don't ask how that occurred for I haven't a clue! Must have been nearly a year ago when I married the two phones on the same account. It was at that time I last topped up my wife's phone and only now has she required a further top up.

My 'phone continues to show my account progress through the O2 app which I leave running on the phone and just enter the 4 digit pin when needed.

I appreciate there ought to be a switch somewhere in the menu but not for my account! I suppose I should leave well alone now that I know I can access  both phones albeit using the wrong email address.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Message 12 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Now that you can gain access to both you can choose one account to be the "Master" and link the other account to it - You will only need to log in with one email address to see both then and you will also see both in the app as long as you log in with the master account.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sorted at last slight_smile
Message 14 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to hear you mamaged to resolve this to your satisfaction.

Mexican Wave

Message 15 of 15