cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mis-sold Airtime Solutions contract while receiving chemotherapy but told I cannot cancel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I was recently diagnosed with a very serious form of cancer and recovering from a big surgery at home as well as receiving my aggressive chemotherapy when a saleswoman from Airtime solutions called me about a great new contract. Normally, I know if something is too good to be true that it is!! However, I was informed my old contract had ended and that I could benefit from a slightly higher monthly tarrif inclusive of VAT but with more data and free unlimited calls and texts. I signed a contract but did not receive any further paperwork outlining the terms and conditions of the new contract, nor did I receive any email passwords. Indeed, I found I could not access my O2 account because I had changed contracts and did not receive any emails or text messages notifying me of my bills. I was simply too ill and too exhausted to look into things further.

Fast forward to the end of September when I start to feel better and get on top of my affairs. I notice my account has been debited a fee that is twice and almost trebble the cost of my old contract. When I complain to Airtime Solutions I am informed that only O2 numbers are free and unlimited along with a very few landline numbers. When state I would like to cancel my contract because a) it was mis-sold to me and b) I delayed action due to my illness, which should be reasonable grounds, I am informed I cannot cancel. This contract is for three years.

I am stuck having to pay every month for a contract I cannot use for fear of what it will cost me, which will severly impact on my ability to contact family, friends, health providers - in short, my support group! After being a good customer who has always paid on time, I have been taken advantage of in the worst possible way and at the worst possible time, when I should have been able to trust and take O2 at face value. I should have been able to enjoy a better contract deal that offered me more for less as promised and I should not have to deal with the stress this is causing me at this point in my recovery.

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

O2 and Airtime Solutions have worked together on this case. As more details have emerged, its clear that we along with Airtime are doing everything we can to resolve this. Airtime has been a long-standing O2 partner with great results and are always prepared to look into extreme cases.

We’ve advised the OP to get back in touch with Airtime Solutions again who are fully cooperative, willing to offer help and clear any misunderstandings.
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

View solution in original post

Message 10 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Sorry to hear that you're not happy with this. I'm Toby, the community manager. Feel free to send me a private message (there's a link in the bottom of my posts) and we can have a chat about this.

Cheers

Get involved:

Message 2 of 10

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I hope you can sort this for @Anonymous @Toby. There is absolutely no reason for ill vulnerable people to be taken advantage of. It may be another 'legal' selling technique.... but highly immoral in my honest opinion Smiley Mad

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your support Kudos, I have now contacted Toby and hope my issue will be sorted. I will keep the Community posted!!

All best wishes,

Laura

Message 4 of 10

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Trusted partners indeed.
Scum of the trade.
3 year contracts with nearly all calls chargeable, oh yeah, that's someone I want to have my details on your behalf.
Message 5 of 10

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Really hope this gets sorted out, an absolute disgrace! 3yr mobile contracts? O2 need to rethink this trusted partner hook up they've got going as it's damaging their rep imo.
Message 6 of 10

Poppysmum
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Hope Toby manages to sort this for you ..............

Message 7 of 10

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Just simply disgraceful. Hope @Toby can help with this. Trusted partners...who vets these companies? 

Message 8 of 10

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I have cleaned up this thread and have decided to close it off, as the issue cannot be dealt with publicly and I am dealing with it along with the rest of the team slight_smile

@Anonymous, you have a few PMs from me.

Cheers all.

Get involved:

Message 9 of 10

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Hi guys,

O2 and Airtime Solutions have worked together on this case. As more details have emerged, its clear that we along with Airtime are doing everything we can to resolve this. Airtime has been a long-standing O2 partner with great results and are always prepared to look into extreme cases.

We’ve advised the OP to get back in touch with Airtime Solutions again who are fully cooperative, willing to offer help and clear any misunderstandings.

Get involved:

Message 10 of 10