cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Minimum term up, sent letter, no reply? (Wanting to cancel contract)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greetings!

So, in wanting to avoid having to call O2 (and remain on hold for god knows how long), i sent them a letter asking them to terminate my contract. Its minimum term is up so i dont think i should be hit with any early fees.

I sent them this letter on the 6th Jan, and am yet to receive a reply, is this normal? I can imagine that they get hundreds of thousands of letters to their correspondance department but still. I followed the guide found here:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/td-p/566774

I also tried cancelling by requesting it be done through their mycare email address, but was promptly told by the automatic reply that its not used anymore and has been shutdown.

Message 1 of 35
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
The advice is to call and back up with a recorded letter if you don't want to keep your number.
If you do want your number you need to call or use live chat to request a PAC which when used will cancel your contract automatically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 35
34 REPLIES 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you send the letter via recorded delivery? They may claim they have never recieved it.

I know its a pain in the A$$ however it is far easier just to phone customer services.

Message 2 of 35

MI5
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
The advice is to call and back up with a recorded letter if you don't want to keep your number.
If you do want your number you need to call or use live chat to request a PAC which when used will cancel your contract automatically.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did send it Recorded delivery yes, and it was confirmed signed for on the 7th

Message 4 of 35

MI5
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
I would still follow up with a call to 202 to check it has been processed OK for you.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did send it Recorded delivery yes, and it was confirmed signed for on the 7th

I would give it another couple of days before expecting a response.

If you don't fancy making a call to O2, you could always try Livechat

Message 6 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

Im trying to avoid calling so i dont get kept on hold for long periods, and also so i dont have to deal with that tactic they all use to try and keep me as a customer, i know its their job but its frustrating 😞

Message 7 of 35

MI5
  • 144353 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27671 Solutions
Just be firm and stick to your convictions.....

Currently using:
Message 8 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Im trying to avoid calling so i dont get kept on hold for long periods, and also so i dont have to deal with that tactic they all use to try and keep me as a customer, i know its their job but its frustrating 😞

Completely understand that!!

The best advice i can give if you did need to call up is to keep saying your not interested and go silent if they keep repeating themselves!!

Good luck

Message 9 of 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
I personally wouldn't use live chat for this type of request to end a contract.

To be certain and not drop onto a rolling contract I'd personally ring them.
Message 10 of 35