cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft band on loan for review...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, have been trying to pm Toby but it won't let me as it says account doesn't exist!

Anyway, I have been given a Microsoft band to try, and then review.

However,
1. "Nothing new...check back in a few" on both Facebook and Twitter.
2.Keyboard is not working on text replies, can only reply via Cortana!

I have already tried switching it on and off again, and have unregistered it and set it back to factory settings, and reregistered. I've looked online for help and have made sure that all settings are as they should be, so I'm stumped!
At the moment, all I can say is I'm very underwhelmed. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 34
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Never mind! It's certainly given me food for thought in terms of buying my own! Thanks for all your suggestions! slight_smile

View solution in original post

Message 28 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
what are you trying to do is the first question - I would assume for 1 it is post to either?

I have tried the band and so long as it was paired to the phone it would allow me to reply to a text without picking up the phone. not something I wanted to do given the size of the keyboard on the band screen, but still possible.

things to check - are they still paired and in range? are both using updated software (check for updates on both phone and using band app on phone)? using standard messaging app on phone and not a downloaded one?

if all the above tried and tested, the next step would be to un-pair, and then turn both off and on again and then re-pair.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 34

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

gmarkj
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions

also, to PM @Toby you could either use the search bar at the top of the screen (you would need to search, and then re-search choosing the user option instead of the default post option) or click on his name in blue in this post which would take you to his profile and then click on the link called "send this user a private message" on the right hand side.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Message 4 of 34

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6956 Solutions

gmarkj
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
^^^ that would be easier!

Message 6 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 Community
O2 Community > Private Messages : Compose New Message
The private message you were trying to access does not exist.
Please click the Back button on your browser.
Inbox
Sent Messages
Friends
Ignored Users
Compose New Message
Message 7 of 34

gmarkj
  • 12053 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1122 Solutions
I think the easiest option would be to use the link in Jonsie's post.

If that still comes up with an error then it is something that needs to be checked by Toby!!

Message 8 of 34

MI5
  • 144134 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
I've just checked the link and it works fine.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 9 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable

That was using Jonsie's link! 😕

Message 10 of 34