Mast(s) Down

Harryzac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Before I make this post, I just want to say that I have looked at this thread:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

and I have also used the O2 Service Status checker. I have also run a search on these forums for anyone else who have had these issues.

I moderate a large forum myself so I know that it can be frustrating when people keep posting the same issues and it gets really repetitive so I hope I'm not being a nuisance Smiley Embarassed.

I have moved into a flat in the past few weeks, and since I first started to move into the flat, I have never been able to get any coverage, whether it be mobile internet, calls, texts: anything. I looked at the service status page for my postcode and got the message: 

"[Amber Signal Icon] Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working
This means your service might come and go until we fix it.
Updated 23:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet."

I also downloaded the coverage app and noticed that there are quite a few masts that don't have an amber signal icon, but a red one too. I thought "OK, so O2 probably know about this and are fixing it". About 3-4 weeks later, the issues were still not fixed and I wasn't receiving any coverage. Again, I checked and the same situation was happening on the service status page. Still amber for my postcode and a few reds around it. Therefore, I used the coverage app on my mobile to report an issue for my postcode. 

To this day, over a month later, I am in the same situation. Could not a single one of these masts be fixed? I know that I can use TuGo, but I have to wait until the 19th to get connected to any WiFi so I'm pretty isolated here. If I get any important texts or calls in my flat, what am I to do? I can't sit in Starbucks all day!

I haven't included my postcode here for security reasons: not sure if anyone would need a postcode to investigate.

Thanks in advance for your help - I hope I don't annoy anyone too much! slight_smile

Harryzac

There are two types of people in this world: those who crave closure,
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Please do keep us updated @Harryzac ...You are one of the few that are actually getting live mast information wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 60

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Harryzac wrote:

^Yep! slight_smile

I have just come off the phone from ringing 202 and they told me that the mast issue's nature means that they don't have an estimated date written down but O2 are aware of the issue. 

She wrote down my details for when it's fixed, and said that I should keep ringing just to get an update as to when it will be fixed. Online support told me its date is 8/9/14, but the lady on the phone told me there's no date so I'll give it until midweek next week and see where it goes.

I'll update this thread when I get any news in case anyone else out there wants to know how to go about dealing with mast issues if they're clueless like me! D'oh!

Why online support gave you a specific date is a mystery. If it was Live Chat, which I presume it was, they are notoriously unreliable. O2's policy has always been not to give dates of when repairs will be finished. I doubt that any network does. They don't give specific dates to protect themselves. If they are aware of the issue, it will be repaired at some point. You're just going to have to wait until it is.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 12 of 60

aldaweb
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 1722 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

It certainly seems odd. Unless they are in direct with engineers on site, (which we know they are not) how can they possibly have an idea of the nature of the problem and the timescales involved it rectifying it?

iPhone 14 Pro (O2 ), S23U (EE), iPad Pro LTE (EE), .

Reviews: iPhone-X-first-impressions ¦ Blackberry Classic ¦ Blackberry Z30 ¦ Nokia Lumia 1020 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Part 1 ¦ Samsung S4 Mini Pt. 2
Message 13 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
It does seem not the usual practice by O2 Support.

However who am I to say it's not feasible. slight_smile
Message 14 of 60

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
We all know from experience it's bull.
O2 do not give timescales for repairs.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 60

jonsie
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Message 16 of 60

MI5
  • 144308 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Not unusual for live chat 😞
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122901 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I am sure the OP will come back and tell us...either full of joy...or not a happy bunny...:smileyhappy:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 60

Harryzac
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If it clears things up, I saved the log and this is the part where I was told a timeframe:

---

O2 Guru: I am very sorry for the trouble, the delay is because the mast is getting replaced.

O2 Guru: Have you tried to contact our Network team once?

Me:  OK do you know an approximate time it would take to replace a mast? It's just that I might get urgent calls/texts and won't know about it. I contacted Alka earlier this morning and they didn't get back to me in 20 minutes. slight_smile

O2 Guru: I am sorry about the last chat. I have checked and  the approx time it is stating is 8/9/2014.

---

Anyway, I'll let you all know on the 8th/9th whether they fixed it or not. Only time will tell! slight_smile

Harryzac

There are two types of people in this world: those who crave closure,
Message 19 of 60

jonsie
  • 93218 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions