Mast(s) Down

Harryzac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Before I make this post, I just want to say that I have looked at this thread:

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Self-help-guide-Is-the-network-down-for-me-or-ev...

and I have also used the O2 Service Status checker. I have also run a search on these forums for anyone else who have had these issues.

I moderate a large forum myself so I know that it can be frustrating when people keep posting the same issues and it gets really repetitive so I hope I'm not being a nuisance Smiley Embarassed.

I have moved into a flat in the past few weeks, and since I first started to move into the flat, I have never been able to get any coverage, whether it be mobile internet, calls, texts: anything. I looked at the service status page for my postcode and got the message: 

"[Amber Signal Icon] Sorry a phone mast in this area isn't working
This means your service might come and go until we fix it.
Updated 23:00 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet."

I also downloaded the coverage app and noticed that there are quite a few masts that don't have an amber signal icon, but a red one too. I thought "OK, so O2 probably know about this and are fixing it". About 3-4 weeks later, the issues were still not fixed and I wasn't receiving any coverage. Again, I checked and the same situation was happening on the service status page. Still amber for my postcode and a few reds around it. Therefore, I used the coverage app on my mobile to report an issue for my postcode. 

To this day, over a month later, I am in the same situation. Could not a single one of these masts be fixed? I know that I can use TuGo, but I have to wait until the 19th to get connected to any WiFi so I'm pretty isolated here. If I get any important texts or calls in my flat, what am I to do? I can't sit in Starbucks all day!

I haven't included my postcode here for security reasons: not sure if anyone would need a postcode to investigate.

Thanks in advance for your help - I hope I don't annoy anyone too much! slight_smile

Harryzac

There are two types of people in this world: those who crave closure,
Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Harryzac wrote:

They gave me an email address in their reply which I could email the O2 Complaints Review service. I didn't hesitate. tongue

The best way to go wink

Message 51 of 60

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
It's available for all here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 52 of 60

Harryzac
Level 1: Joiner
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi guys,

I got an email yesterday from the Complaints Review Service. They told me that they checked with the Networks Team and I happen to be in an area with poor signal, despite other sources telling me otherwise. They said that they are not obliged to give me any compensation, because my contract says that they cannot guarantee 100% service which is fair enough.

They did, however, provide me with an offer that I am happy enough with. It's a shame the problem won't be fixed, but it just looks like I'll have to put up with it...

Thanks for all your help everyone - you've all kept me sane! tongue

Harryzac

Message 53 of 60

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Glad you got an outcome that you are happy with....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 54 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you for updating your thread.

Good to hear you came to some kind of resolution.
Message 55 of 60

Anonymous
Not applicable

3 to 4 weeks is a long time? Try 8 weeks that is where I am up to. Customer services can't help, network services can't help, tugo not an option for me and the engineers are apparently not telling anyone a timescale. This has gone beyond a joke.  Only problem for me is I live in a rural area and the only usable signal is, well was o2 and only 2g at that

Message 56 of 60

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
If you contact CS you can now request email updates of your local repair status.

Currently using:
Message 57 of 60

Harryzac
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Totally understand: 8 weeks is a long time and I don't think O2 understand how being cut off can affect people, considering we are so reliant on mobile technology nowadays.

I would ring and demand knowing why the mast is taking so long to be repaired; they must know the issue and should flag it up considering you've evidently contacted them about this before.

Harryzac

Message 58 of 60

Cleoriff
  • 122915 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

Good point @Harryzac . On a lighter note can I just say I love your signature LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 59 of 60

Harryzac
  • 22 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Haha glad you appreciate it! grin

Harryzac

Message 60 of 60