cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast not working for a month in the Abersychan area. O2 still charging for airtime

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me why I should be charged for airtime when I have not been able to use my mobile from home in the Abersychan postcode area of NP4. I am registered for updates that tell me nothing. I have the Tugo app to use with home wi-fi, but this is not always successful. My wi-fi is supplied by Bt and I pay Bt for that.

How long is this going to continue? 

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
To explain why you have to pay:
Your contract states that you will pay monthly for the service. The O2 T&C's that you agreed to state that the service is not guaranteed 100% of the time, but you still have to pay.
The T&C's also state that O2 will take all reasonable precautions and attempt to provide a satisfactory service. If this fails you should raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
However, as stated, you may get a goodwill gesture once the mast has been finally fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous This is a customer to customer forum. You need to speak to customer service. http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

As you've been without service for so long they may offer you a goodwill gesture or a discount, but that's not guaranteed.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
To explain why you have to pay:
Your contract states that you will pay monthly for the service. The O2 T&C's that you agreed to state that the service is not guaranteed 100% of the time, but you still have to pay.
The T&C's also state that O2 will take all reasonable precautions and attempt to provide a satisfactory service. If this fails you should raise a complaint http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
However, as stated, you may get a goodwill gesture once the mast has been finally fixed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also they won't give you a timeframe for repairs but you can subscribe to updates

Message 4 of 5

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
in all fairness, you should get a rebate on rental, but not the full amount. Also, as your using tugo your not losing out really. But as previously stated, the only way to get this sorted is to raise a complaint.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 5