cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mast in DG13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi I'm just wondering when/ if O2 will be upgrading their mast in this area?
All my friends on O2 have now moved to orange or Vodafone as you can get 3G on those networks. You can only get GPRS on O2. In a way it's pointless having GPRS on a smartphone as the data is so slow and takes about 3min to load a page.
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Keep checking here.
Any upgrades will be mentioned 3 months in advance http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Keep checking here.
Any upgrades will be mentioned 3 months in advance http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks 👍
Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Good luck slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

First consideration when choosing a network should always be signal and coverage. If another network offers better, go with that one.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been with O2 since the day it was called btcellnet. That was manny years ago. Then it was changed to U, now it's O2. I suppose living in a rural area has it's disadvantages but years ago O2 was the best network. How times change
Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144204 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Have you tried switching your phone to 2G only to see if call and text coverage is better (of course data will be slow).
Years ago it would have been good because it was only a 2G network and 2G travels better than 3G does.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

My parents used to live in Eastriggs, and coverage was non-existent! I used to make use of TUGo when it became available!

Message 8 of 8