cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep my number

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does anyone know how long it takes for the process to complete? I now have signal on new phone but it is not with my old number (sent test text)
Any info would be great
TIA
Message 1 of 14
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

You should have received an email advising you when the number port will be actioned. They don't usually run over a weekend so it maybe Mon or Tuesday depending on when you filled out the form.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Have you upgraded and sim swapped if your new phone takes a different sized SIM card ?

The sim swap moves your number and tariff from the original SIM card to the new sized one.

This takes from a few mins to 24 hours and by turning the phone off and on helps reset the connection.

http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

Edit : spelling.
Message 2 of 14

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
IPhone?
Turn off iMessage, reboot phone and turn on iMessage again. Phone should now show correct number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ah should I have used my old SIM card? I've put the sim in from O2. I was on three.
Message 4 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes have PAC from three to O2 and completed the online form as advised. Still have 3 signal on iPhone (old) but have O2 signal on lumia (new) but with new phone number
Message 6 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
When O2 used the PAC code from 3 that should hsve cancelled you contract with 3 and moved your number across.

Ring O2 on 202 for clarification.

Or 03448090202
Message 7 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok great, thanks for your help
Message 8 of 14

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
Number swap not started yet. You'll know when three sim looses signal.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
You're welcome. slight_smile

Customer services will sort this for you.
Message 10 of 14