cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the correct place to ask a question about O2 public wifi - in this case in a pub

jennysue
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If not, please direct to the correct board - and will complete query there - thanks

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

I do apologise but for an issue like this I'd need to suggest contacting our customer services so they can go through diagnostics with you (once you're back at an O2 Wifi hotspot), as this is an issue that we'd be unable to help diagnose here on the community I'm afraid... It sounds like it could potentially be an issue with your O2 Wifi account, which our Guru's would be able to help with further.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi jennysue and Welcome to the 02 Community a forum,

We are all customers here like you

Ask away slight_smile
Message 2 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

jennysue
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have used O2 public wifi for ages with my HTC phones but today I needed to use my laptop.

I ended up on the page for my O2 wifi account and tried to get to the Devices page. It continues to show Dashboard even when the browser bar URL says /devices. Same thing happens when I tried to go to My Details.

My visit to the pub today which was to help a friend solve a problem with her PC by demonstrating how to fix it on my laptop was wasted which really annoyed both of us.

I've now tried to solve it at home but I get the same result. In desperation I have deleted the old account and downloaded the new O2 wifi app on the phone and registered the handset there but still can't solve it from home. It now directs me back to set up yet ANOTHER account by sending ANOTHER code to my mobile. Why can't it have a SEPARATE page or login area for existing account holders where they just put in their mobile number and get straight into their details.

Curiously, when I said I wanted to delete the account, it then showed me the details of the old one - with both my current HTC handset and the previous one.

For my next visit to the pub - which I will do at a time that is not critical to helping someone, what do I do to get to the Devices page and add the laptop? Your instructions on the FAQ just don't work, and don't equivalent to what you see on the screen.

Jenny

Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
As I said in my first post we are all customers , not O2 staff.

Connecting to O2 wifi should be as simple as that.

It's free.

Possibly the pubs connection is at fault.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 15

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Try entering the address 1.0.0.0 in the URL bar as this should force you onto the hotspot homepage. You should be able to log in from there.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 15

jennysue
  • 10 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
If that was the case, my phone and her Ipad wouldn't have worked - and they did - no problem at all.
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you been able to connect to O2 wifi on previous occasions on your laptop ?
Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

I don't think we can help you any further so I will flag this for @Toby or @Chris_K who are O2 employees and might be able to assist you more.....

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 15