cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is 4G coverage planned for Moray Coast

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently enjoyed a 4G signal, whilst visiting family in the Central belt of Scotland.  As I only get a 2G signal most of the places in my area or sometimes no signal I was wondering if anyone knows if O2 plan to upgrade their coverage in my area?

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29

Anonymous
Not applicable
I wish I knew but while out delivering at work I suddenly got a 4G symbol on my phone so pulled over and right enough I was connected to o2 4G 😊😊😊😊
Compared to 2G,3G or H+ the speed was transformed and I got real insight to the potential of my note 3 that I am not able to access with the normal signal i recieve. It was better than wifi also. A mile or so down the road i lost all coverage...... a frustratingly regular occurance in the Highlands and Moray then back to normal 2/3G.

So where was this oasis of 4G????

For reasons I cannot fathom it was Cromarty on the Black Isle of all places.... this was thursday, driving from Alness to the Cromarty roundabout yesterday I was connected again,just past Highland Deephaven for those who know where I mean, funnily enough on a level with Cromarty village but the other side of the firth.

So if they can recieve 4G clear and strong why isn't there coverage for the region??
Message 11 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
There isn't coverage for the region because o2 (nor any other mobile operator) can do it all at once.

Every week more areas are coming online and the rollout in my opinion is gathering pace. But it will take time and you will just have to be patient. Remember o2 have until the end of 2017 to complete this rollout but after 18 months they are over half way there.
Message 12 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know that they can't just flick the switch and we all get 4G nor do I expect it.

In fact I've had no expectations of recieving 4G up here for the next few years. I was stunned then when I was suddenly getting full on 4G as it was completely unexpected.Even more so the fact this was in the area around a tiny rural village when nowhere else in the entire region can get it. That was the thing that struck me most of all,why 'connect' Cromarty and nowhere else, why Cromarty,why there first??

Of course, that assumes o2 deliberately switched it on for Cromarty and deliberately not switched on the rest of us.Somehow I doubt it works that way, maybe it's more a matter of the signal is able to reach there on the coast from further away whereas the mountains and hills shroud the rest of us from recieving ot
Message 13 of 30

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions
Isn't it to do with having the permission to broadcast. At least some sort of official thing before they can.
Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 14 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am sitting outside Alness in Ross-shire enjoying a great o2 4G signal. I've even screenshots of the network checker showing it, 02 speed checker and a web page all with the 4G icon to show it. 

I've no idea how to add these pics, it won't let me navigate to my gallery when inm click choose file but if anyone has a suggestion on how to attatch them i'll try and add them. 

So whatever o2 may be stating on this they are putting out 4G in this area. 

bob slight_smile 

Message 15 of 30

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
It never gave me the option to browse documents.It gave me the option choose file which when i tapped it expecting to go to the page I imaginebyou are thinking of that gives me the option of documents, pictures etc, etc which i normally get when adding photos to a site where i would choose documents then gallery and so on.
It just doesn't take me anywhere from the choose file option.
I looked through settings, preferences and didn't see any obvious options that would allow the adding or restricting of photos 😞

I have the pics backed up on Google + photos and therefore Picasa, is there a way of providing a link to the pics, been so long since I had to do it that way i can't remember the best way, that's if it's even possible anyway??
Message 17 of 30

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
What browser are you using?
Can you try a different one?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 18 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_2015-04-15-11-39-21.jpgI went and retried it just now and there was no problem at all, not sure if that is because I'm using wifi just now or I missed the add images option in my profile but it'd working fine now. Thanks for the help slight_smile Screenshot_2015-04-15-11-38-04.jpg

Message 19 of 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

Screenshot_2015-04-15-11-39-21.jpg

Message 20 of 30