cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Explorer 9 no longer supports my O2, why?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't access my O2 anymore because IE9 no longer supports my O2, why? I get a message telling me to upgrade my browser, I'm using IE9 on Vista and am perfectly happy with them, your changes mean I can no longer pay my bill online.

Message 1 of 38
37 REPLIES 37

Anonymous
Not applicable

IE 9 is quite an old browser, and doesn't support recent web standards. You would get a better internet experience all round if you downloaded the latest version of firefox or Chrome to be honest and this would solve the issue with myO2. The issue isn't with O2 the issue is IE9 is simply old technology now.

Message 2 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable

It worked perfectly well last month, I haven't changed anything, I doubt IE9 has changed so it must be the O2 website.

Message 3 of 38

Cleoriff
  • 122909 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

It worked perfectly well last month, I haven't changed anything, I doubt IE9 has changed so it must be the O2 website.

Yes but as explained IE9 is classed as 'old' technology now. I used both IE and Firefox. I got rid of IE 2 months ago as I found it didn't display everything online properly. Having the two I could see immediately that Firefox did.......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 38

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The only thing IE is good for is to download Chrome wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
Don't bother with IE just go with a different browser such as safari or opera & you'll be fine
Message 6 of 38

jonsie
  • 93225 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

The website has been updated for the benefit of all customers. Surely you want to move with the times? Maybe not but Chrome or FF will serve you far better than IE9 with all its security issues.

Message 7 of 38

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've not used IE for about 15-16 years as for the reasons @jonsie has stated plus it's very easy to pick up viruses from that particular browser
Message 8 of 38

jonsie
  • 93225 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
I've not used IE for about 15-16 years as for the reasons @jonsie has stated plus it's very easy to pick up viruses from that particular browser

And reason enough for Microsoft to update IE themselves. ...

Message 9 of 38

MI5
  • 144318 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Windows 10 is supposed to have a new all singing, all dancing browser......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 38