cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International calling to Australia while abroad myself

Anonymous
Not applicable

My girlfriend is moving to Australia and i am looking at the cheapest way to keep in contact aside from free internet apps such as Whatsapp and skype. Part of the problem is that for periods i will be abroad myself in Europe and so during these times i don't think the international calling bolt ons will apply.

Any thoughts welcome?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a great solution:

Get International Favourites and take the Call Me number service for Australia. That way when in the UK, your girlfriend can call you pretty much as often as she likes and you don't have to be signed into Wifi etc.

Even better: if you are travelling in Europe and your on PayM, then its only 50p to receive calls from her and you can talk for an hour.

Very cheap. Very very convient compared to viber, skype.

Also, with the Intenationl Favourites, you'll get 3000 minutes to ring Australia.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

As you rightly summise, bolt ons don't apply whist abroad. From the International pages, the example given is contacting from Spain to Australia:

Standard rates
  • When in:
  • Spain
  • Calling:
  • Australia

Making local calls to landlines and mobiles in the country you're visiting will always be the same price as calling back to the UK.

Sending a picture message anywhere in the world costs just 25p per message and it's always free to receive texts. Rates shown are stated in pence per minute and are inclusive of VAT.

See our standard international calling rates for all countries

Find out more about using data abroad.

Making calls£1.79
Receiving calls7p
Sending texts10p

Cost per day of using data

Data usage£1.99*

* Data usage rates quoted are that of O2 Travel.

Standard rates quoted are based on calls which are made to and received from countries outside of Europe. Learn more about world zones

Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a great solution:

Get International Favourites and take the Call Me number service for Australia. That way when in the UK, your girlfriend can call you pretty much as often as she likes and you don't have to be signed into Wifi etc.

Even better: if you are travelling in Europe and your on PayM, then its only 50p to receive calls from her and you can talk for an hour.

Very cheap. Very very convient compared to viber, skype.

Also, with the Intenationl Favourites, you'll get 3000 minutes to ring Australia.

Message 3 of 3