Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance on One M8 with o2 from CPW

kearneybobs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having a bit of trouble recently with some information o2 have been suplying me concerning insurance on my new HTC One M8.

I currently have insurance with o2 for my Samsung Galaxy S3.

I tweeted the o2 account asking if I could upgrade via a different retailer other than o2 i.e. Carphone Warehouse, and still be able to have o2 insure my new phone.

They took some time to get back to me and in the interim I got onto the webchat with a nice employee named Avril who went though it all with me and said how much I be paying for the specific phones I wanted and I even made sure that if I rejected the CPW insurance would I definitely be able to avail of the insurance with o2. She said I would need to contact o2 within 14 gays of upgrading with CPW to allow o2 to insure me. It sounded perfect to me. exactly what I wanted to know.

Later that day I upgraded via phone with Carphone Warehouse.

o2 got back to me on twitter and have let me know that I CANT use o2 to insure my new phone and that I would have to have bought my upgrade with them directly to get them to insure my phone.

I'm actually quite annoyed at this information, to be honest, if this is true.

Can anyone enlighten me if I will be able to get o2 to insure my phone.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

The pre existing medical conditions are a killer, it costs me £150 to get cover to come here for 3 months and more if I extend the trip.

Not sure about you but I also get car recovery thrown in with Nationwide.

Message 21 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Not sure about you but I also get car recovery thrown in with Nationwide.

I think so.... but already got that with our car insurance anyway...

Still on topic hopefully because this may help others with insurance.....Did you already have an account with Nationwide before you upgraded to FlexPlus?

I ask because I have been with Nationwide for 20+ years...and wondered if it was only open to 'existing customers'.... (I was invited to upgrade)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 22 of 23

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 23 of 23