Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance on One M8 with o2 from CPW

kearneybobs
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Having a bit of trouble recently with some information o2 have been suplying me concerning insurance on my new HTC One M8.

I currently have insurance with o2 for my Samsung Galaxy S3.

I tweeted the o2 account asking if I could upgrade via a different retailer other than o2 i.e. Carphone Warehouse, and still be able to have o2 insure my new phone.

They took some time to get back to me and in the interim I got onto the webchat with a nice employee named Avril who went though it all with me and said how much I be paying for the specific phones I wanted and I even made sure that if I rejected the CPW insurance would I definitely be able to avail of the insurance with o2. She said I would need to contact o2 within 14 gays of upgrading with CPW to allow o2 to insure me. It sounded perfect to me. exactly what I wanted to know.

Later that day I upgraded via phone with Carphone Warehouse.

o2 got back to me on twitter and have let me know that I CANT use o2 to insure my new phone and that I would have to have bought my upgrade with them directly to get them to insure my phone.

I'm actually quite annoyed at this information, to be honest, if this is true.

Can anyone enlighten me if I will be able to get o2 to insure my phone.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

kearneybobs
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's convenient, and it's one that's a good bit cheaper than the CPW one. Geek squad products are notorious for being over-inflated and I dont want to contribute to that.

I might end up going with my bank a/c. If I up the a/c type for £9.99 p/m I will get insured with them on top of Travel insurance among a few other things. Makes the most sense, moneywise at least.

Message 11 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
At the end of the day it's what works for you.

I have a slush fund sat in an online account for new / replacement items including phones.
Message 12 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144296 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Sounds like a good deal....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 13 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@kearneybobs wrote:

It's convenient, and it's one that's a good bit cheaper than the CPW one. Geek squad products are notorious for being over-inflated and I dont want to contribute to that.

I might end up going with my bank a/c. If I up the a/c type for £9.99 p/m I will get insured with them on top of Travel insurance among a few other things. Makes the most sense, moneywise at least.

I am insured with my bank. I have a package that gives me free mobile phone insurance for myself and my husband.Free EU annual travel insurance...and a card that doesn't charge for transactions when abroad. All for £10 a month wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 23

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Cleoriff ......it's good, that Nationwide Flexplus.....but don't forget the interest on the current account which can reduce the monthly fee to around £5 Mexican Wave 

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 15 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Cleoriff ......it's good, that Nationwide Flexplus.....but don't forget the interest on the current account which can reduce the monthly fee to around £5 Mexican Wave 

Indeed. I have 2 Nationwide accounts. They both serve me very well....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 23

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I too moved my main accounts to Nationwide where I get the same benefits for the monthly fee. It just made a lot of sense especially in the light of the massive mess and punitive charges the other banks stung the general public for.

Message 17 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

I too moved my main accounts to Nationwide where I get the same benefits for the monthly fee. It just made a lot of sense especially in the light of the massive mess and punitive charges the other banks stung the general public for.

Well when you think of all the benefits @jonsie ...certainly for those of us that travel a lot....it was the best thing around. To get travel insurance, mobile phone insurance and free withdrawals from any ATM abroad for less than some people pay for mobile phone insurance alone? ......Was a no brainer really...Smiley Very Happy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 23

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

The only problem for me is that the worldwide travel insurance only covers 30 days but in fairness most of them are the sme. It;s great for popping over to Berlin or Tenerife though.

Message 19 of 23

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

Yes...well you will go to Thailand.LOL Of course I get annual travel insurance for Europe...it covers Ray as well

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 23