cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get my old O2 email accounts deleted?

Skyrim
Level 1: Joiner
  • 43 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I started using Plusnet just before O2 merged with Sky. I retained my old O2 email accounts on Thunderbird just in case some people still sent mail to them.

Fast forward to this year and I've received a couple of emails from companies I had accounts with notifying me of successful password changes. It appears my O2 email has been hacked.

For my own security I need to have my O2 email addresses deleted so that nobody can send or receive mail from/to those accounts.

How do I go about getting them deleted?

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Absolutely.

All correct help and information is a good thing and very prudent I agree.

So that's a "yes"

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 11 of 14

Skyrim
  • 43 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Funny... the O2 email account associated with the O2 account I used to chat with the online customer support adviser - who I was quite honest with about the quality of his 'support' - is now showing the following message when I try to get mail for it:

"Sending of password for user xxxx@o2.co.uk did not succeed. Mail server mail.o2.co.uk responded: invalid user or password"

I wonder if that's revenge or customer service Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Skyrim wrote:

Funny... the O2 email account associated with the O2 account I used to chat with the online customer support adviser - who I was quite honest with about the quality of his 'support' - is now showing the following message when I try to get mail for it:

"Sending of password for user xxxx@o2.co.uk did not succeed. Mail server mail.o2.co.uk responded: invalid user or password"

I wonder if that's revenge or customer service Smiley Very Happy

Sounds a bit like...'it doesn't give a damn so on yer bike' to me...Jaw-dropping

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 14