cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I close my email account?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have an old O2 email account which I no longer use. It is set up to forward email to my new email address. I want to close the O2 email account but I can't because I'm no longer an O2 customer.

I called customer services, asked them to delete the account, they told me they had done so. They haven't. I still get emails forwarded from my O2 address.

How can I get O2 to close my email account?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You can't I'm afraid. If you still have access to it then cancel the forwarding, change the password and leave it.  It's supposed to become deactive after 6 months.

Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
All O2 email addresses are closing down (unless you migrated to Sky BB) so it will close itself in due course.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I heard that two years ago... and still I'm getting spam forwarded from my O2 account...

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
It's on a staggered shut down wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Register your o2 address as spam and it'll be blocked
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
haha! sounds like a good idea though - thank you!
Message 7 of 7