cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I keep my voicemail but allow no-one to leave a message

Anonymous
Not applicable

I run a business and although I have a voicemail and recorded message . When I am closed for a peroid of time, I want customers to hear my message but not let them leave a message!

I do not want to come back to 200 messages. I just want to let people know I am unavailable until a set date?

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@perksie wrote:

Seems it is up to 30 messages each up to 2 minutes long according to: http://www.howtofixanything.co.uk/howto-o2voicemail.html

Could be a long job then Smiley Frustrated

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 11 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

There's probably an app that will do something like what is wanted and the phone could be set to silent when needed, I can't see any other way.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Does this particular phone allow apps? I thought Doro was a basic phone
Message 13 of 17

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

In that case no I don't think so.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 14 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Thinking about this because I'm bored and so on.
Found a solution.
Get a payg sim
Fill up the voicemail of new payg sim
after Recording new greeting.
Remove new sim
Go into settings of your main phone (with normal sim in) and go to call divert settings.
Go to "when turned off" or similar and set the divert number as the new payg sim number.
Now each time you turn the phone off it will divert to the payg sim, the new voicemail will pick it up but not allow a message to be left and therefore your message greeting should relay that.

Job done, thankyou, goodnight.
Message 15 of 17

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Might be called forwarding and not divert in settings.
Forward when unreachable = new sim number.
Message 16 of 17

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

I run a business and although I have a voicemail and recorded message . When I am closed for a peroid of time, I want customers to hear my message but not let them leave a message!

I do not want to come back to 200 messages. I just want to let people know I am unavailable until a set date?

Thanks

Renting a virtual uk number from tollfreeforwarding.com and forwarding your calls to it could do the trick. I think you can upload an audiofile with your own pre-recorded message, and they allow to set quite complex rules on your so called virtual IVR. They also do a free month trial. Haven't been using them for a long time, but could be worth trying.

Message 17 of 17