cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(Home Broadband/Home Phone Archive) so how do i get my emails now ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So what do i have to do to get may o2 emails and do i need to change my o2 email address ?

Message 1 of 31
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

O2 email began shutting down on November 1st. This had been known since last July/August. By April, even business customers will not be able to access their mail. If you weren't a business customer, the servers have already been shut down and you cannot retrieve your mail.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

Anonymous
Not applicable

An absolutely ludicrous idea getting rid of webmail. I can't understand that one. That'll be me finished with this website then, thats all i use it for. I might even change phone networks. Crazy crazy idea , well done o2.

Message 2 of 31

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

O2 email began shutting down on November 1st. This had been known since last July/August. By April, even business customers will not be able to access their mail. If you weren't a business customer, the servers have already been shut down and you cannot retrieve your mail.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable
so do i need to change my email address ? and what about the emails i have saved ?
Message 4 of 31

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Yes you need to set up a new address. Your saved emails are gone.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

So does that mean we can't even set it up in Outlook or the like?

Message 6 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks O2. You've killed the email service off and made my mind up to change phone networks.

Message 7 of 31

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

So does that mean we can't even set it up in Outlook or the like?

Yes. There is no more O2 email. It's shut down. 

I'm puzzled as to why this has come as such a shock to people today. This has been known about for months, and anyone with an O2 email address was sent notification months ago.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not even any e-mail warnings Divebomber. I just found out this morning. Lost important e-mails

Utter madness,

Message 9 of 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Bambino, i have to take your word we got a warning e-mail, i cannot remember this. I would have expected more than a few e-mail warnings at regular intervals, leading up to the cut off. That most definately never happened.

But the main puzzling thing for me is, A web provider that doesn't have e-mail?????? seriously?

Message 10 of 31